Cave-tubing.com or Explore Belize caves?

superwell

Didn't care for Yhonny's tour! Cave tubing was fun, but we only got 30 minutes in the water and only one cave. I thought there were two caves! We got off the tender at 8:30 and they made us wait around for a half hour to see if anyone else was coming on the tour. Then we got a half hour tour of the city. The guide checked back, but no other people joined us. Apparently we were the last bus of the day. We also had to be back a half hour early because some of our bus were from another ship, which had an earlier departure time. This company had about 8 busses at the caves and two of them were VERY old and run down. Of course ours was one of these. I would guess it was at least 30 years old. All the upholstered seats were torn and it smelled very musty inside (like 30 years of people in wet bathing suits had been sitting on those seats.) The air conditioning still worked so it wasn't a total bust. What really irritated me was that we stopped at their souvenier stand on the way back! They had to give us time to buy their t-shirts!

I just got back from a cruise that stopped in Belize. We use Shore Trips.com who booked us with IVI. They were great. Our guide (Fry Jack) has been working this trip since mid to late 1990's. It was a smaller group, vs the megabuses of cavetubing.com. On another note, our cruise line changed the days around at the last minute on Belize. I thought this would be a hassle since I booked the tour through an independent and not the ship. Within an hour of boarding the ship I received a call from Shoretrips telling me they were aware of this and had changed the day with the tour operator. In Grand Cayman, our trip was cancelled due to bad weather. We had booked the trip through Shoretrips also. When we returned I emailed them re: the cancellation and that we were owed a credit back to our credit card. It had already been taken are of. I would not typically write in, but they were above and beyond!

I can only say we had the time of our lives tubing and 4 wheeling with c/t.com and saved a buch of $$. Very safe ! leave everything, I mean everything with them and it will be just fine ! Relax and enjoy your vacation! loved Yhony,Bernard,Keith and all of his help!

We just returned from our cruise today and went to Belize. We participated in cave-tubing.com and it was wondering. They worked very hard and kept us all together, the told us when the low spots were coming so we wouldn't scrap out butt. The cost is $45, we didn't get to eat lunch because there was no time. That day was very busy, with cave-tubing.com's group, Carnival's group and other groups there as well. Be prepared to tip because at the end of the bus ride home they ask. I believe in tipping, but I don't like to be nagged about it for a $45 minute bus ride home. They would go seat by seat on the way home for the $45 and a tip. When someone would tip they would say "George is showing us some love he tipped us $40, who else is going to show us love" then he would go to the next person and say "Bob is showing us love he tipped us $20. Then he would go back to George and say do you have anymore love to share. They kept on and on the whole bus ride home which was about $45 minutes.Just be prepared for that.

Just got back from the Carnival Valor and we did cave tubing. I researched a lot before and we went with experiencebelizetours.com. Absolutely the best to use! $55 for adults with lunch incl and $29.50 for kids. We had a private tour, just the family and Alan was our guide. He is very informative and we learned al ot as well as having a great time. It was so much better to be in a small group. We noticed that some of the tours booked through the ships actually had to wait for an hour or more just to get tubes because they ran out.

Alan and his wife, Leah own the business and are great with the communication before.

If anyone one has any questions feel free to ask.:)

Archived