Why I love my little inside cabin

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Not only for the price (can't beat it!) but every morning is like a new surprise when you arrive in a new country.

We can't wait to get dressed and get up on deck to survey the new breathtaking view and take it all in. It's not just the same with a window if you ask me.

Now I've also had a balcony, and although they're nice, for around half the cost I'll keep my little inside thank you very much and have more money to spend as I wish. I never even used the balcony that much I'm ashamed to say! I always wanted to be where the action and energy was, and that's mainly on the Lido deck! Really just slept in the cabin, and the height of looking over the balcony scared me a bit. To each his own, but I just didn't understand all the fuss!

We had an inside cabin for our 4-night Fantasy cruise and didn't mind it at all for the price we paid. In fact, we enjoyed the midnight adult entertainment so it was nice to be able to sleep in a bit in the morning and not have the daylight wake us up. And it was good for afternoon naps too.

But, we've had a balcony on our other cruises and I do have to say that for more than 4 nights I would always want one. On short cruises not having one isn't that big of a deal. But on a longer one, with more sea days, I really want one as I get tired of being with all the people up on deck so it's nice to come back to my own balcony and enjoy the sunshine and a good book in peace and quiet.

Not only for the price (can't beat it!) but every morning is like a new surprise when you arrive in a new country.

We can't wait to get dressed and get up on deck to survey the new breathtaking view and take it all in. It's not just the same with a window if you ask me.

Now I've also had a balcony, and although they're nice, for around half the cost I'll keep my little inside thank you very much and have more money to spend as I wish. I never even used the balcony that much I'm ashamed to say! I always wanted to be where the action and energy was, and that's mainly on the Lido deck! Really just slept in the cabin, and the height of looking over the balcony scared me a bit. To each his own, but I just didn't understand all the fuss!

I am with you. DH and I both love the inside cabins. We had a balcony on Disney and it was fine but nothing big.

We love to put the extra money away for excurisions and drinks and gifts or anythig else we might want. We get up in the mornings get dressed and out we go. We spend so little time in our cabin the inside is just the thing for us.

On our very first cruise, we had an inside cabin. It was wonderful, and we had a blast. On our second cruise, we had an obstructed view. It was wonderful and we had a blast. On our third cruise, we had a balcony cabin and it was.....awesome, breathtaking and wonderful, and we had a blast! We're taking our fourth cruise in November, and again I have booked us a balcony cabin. There is just something about putting on my bathrobe early in the morning and sitting out there, watching the waves, perhaps a dolphin or a whale. Nothing else compares. And then in the evening, before dinner, watching the sunset with a glass of wine and my hubby. Ah, perfection!:D :D :D

My wife and I had an inside cabin on our first cruise (we loved it). then our second one (our honeymoom) we got a cat 12 suite, I backed down to a cat 11 on our third and now have a balcony room booked for our 4th cruise, a compromise. With the military discount I do not think I will get my wife to go below the balcony.

the suite and/or balcony gives you some more private space/time for special moments.

I remember paying $299 per person with airfair to Miami for a 5 day cruise, inside cabin, on the Fantasy.

I never knew if it was time to get up, so I never slept. It was AWFUL!!!!!

Never again!

Mr. Pete, Why didn't you just arrange for a morning wake up call.....or just set an alarm to wake yourself up?

We too have had a balcony as well as a "Window" I too prefer the inside cabin. Not only is it darker for a better night "Sleep" ;), but we too enjoy running up deck to see where we are. Here is to the inside cabin people!

INSIDE CABIN PEOPLE UNITE!!!!:D

I don't know why, but I like inside cabins, too. I think part of it is what you said. Getting up & getting dressed so you can go out on the Lido deck & see the beauty that awaits you! We had a balcony on our last cruise on the Conquest. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it, but I think I'll be just as happy with an inside cabin from now on. I wouldn't turn down a great deal on a balcony, but I don't feel like I HAVE to have one!

I find this so interesting to see equally substantiated points of views supporting both sides:D

I had an inside cabin on HAL once. It was nice...but after trying a balcony I must say I did prefer it!

I guess the reason for that is because we really used ours!

Coffee and a "nosh" every morning.

People watching while docked in Acapulco...drinking Foo Foo drinks!

Warm breeze wafting in over us while we lay on our bed in the afternoon during a little nap.

Having the choice...sit and watch as we go into and out of port...or...go up top and share in the action.

One thing I know for sure, I would never book a window stateroom. Either inside or a balcony. Save the money or do it right! That's my motto;) :D

One thing I know for sure, I would never book a window stateroom. Either inside or a balcony. Save the money or do it right! That's my motto;) :D

I was just thinking how odd it is no one in between enjoying seeing out. No hair blowing outside and you can watch the ocean in comfort.

We loves seeing outside. If I book an inside I dont look forward to it the same, its almost a feeling of dissapointment not seeing the ocean outside and you wake up and dont know if the sun is up.

Inside cabins are a last resort for me, like on Voyager that is so darn expensive, but I usually find a way to get a window.... at least port holes. We had to leave the tv on all night so it wasnt so dark.

If the price meant inside cruise or no cruise, I would of course choose inside. I took two cruises booking inside gty, for just a few dollars more than one balcony cruise, these were both 7 days (the first was crazy cheap).

This next cruise I got a great deal on a balcony, so I will see what all the fuss is about. When cruising I have had the losing track of time thing, one time I see that it is 2:00, thinking I had slept the day away, I showered got dressed and rushed to the lido to find it pitch dark, I took a minute to register, I laughed about that one.

Now that it has been mentioned, it is really cool to wake up and go to the lido, and see where you are, a cool surprise.

MAC

I love that when I go to bed the night after sailaway, I wake up the next morning and go up on deck and there's no land around you. I'm not sure I'd get that same awe with a window somehow.

Plus, I'm scared of heights so a balcony is just a waste for me. It might as well go to someone who will appreciate and use it!

I remember paying $299 per person with airfair to Miami for a 5 day cruise, inside cabin, on the Fantasy.

Never again!

so i guess you didn't get up in time to put a shoe on a chair by the pool and then go about your day;)

Exactly the same reason we love having a balcony! Isn't that funny?!

It's so easy to be sarcastic when nobody can see you. Who cares wether you have a balcony or not? For us we like the Main or Riveria with a window, connecting so we can be with the kids. We stick together on family trips. We travel often and want the biggest bang for our buck for our family of 6!:D

It's so easy to be sarcastic when nobody can see you. Who cares wether you have a balcony or not? For us we like the Main or Riveria with a window, connecting so we can be with the kids. We stick together on family trips. We travel often and want the biggest bang for our buck for our family of 6!:D

We always get balcony cabins right next to our kids. That way we can open up the partition and have a big balcony.:D

Personally, inside...balcony...port hole window.....broom closet.....I don't care...just as long as I am on the ship! Hell, strap me to the life boats....just give me the blue waters! :) :)

I am easy to please...if the dh says we can cruise but get the inside...it's all good to me. My dh loves the inside rooms cuz he likes the darkness and thinks those rooms seem quiter?? I dunno....I just like pretty much the whole package....and like other posters stated...we spend so little time in our room the balcony can be a waist sometimes....

Last year we got in on a SUPER CHEAP $299/7day cruise on Costa I could not pass up.....yes, it was an inside room....but who cares at that price!

Never again!

They make a new fangled gadget now called an alarm clock now........LOL......:D :rolleyes: :D

Learned something after my last inside cabin from another poster. Yes an alarm clock works great but......Turn the TV on to the station with the bow camera on it before you go to sleep. In the morning as it gets lighter out...so does your cabin.........Kewl.......

Archived