Food on the Dawn?

decruzer

I have never been on Dawn, but please take any negative comments about the food in stride. If you are very particular about food, I would recommend that you only go on 6 star ships and never go to an all-inclusive resort.

People will complain about anything given the chance. I just returned from a 9-day cruise on Pearl, and while I saw a lot of complaints about it's food, I found it to be very good.

There are so many choices of restaurants and types of food that I am sure you will find good things that you like - a lot.

I have been on the Dawn twice - once a 1 nighter and once to the E. Carib. and have had wonderful food on the Dawn. Food is so subjective, but I eat out a lot at home and I am not disappointed when I cruise with NCL. It is my experience that there is good food for everyone - whether you want a hamburger or escargot.

Have read alot of bad things about the food on the Dawn, is there anything good about it? Want to book a Jan 09 cruise on the Dawn but we are having second thoughts!

If you are having second thoughts and want to look into another ship, I can almost guarantee that whatever ship you look to you'll see bad reviews of the food.:rolleyes: Food is such a subjective issue to one's personal taste this should never be a reason to book or not book a cruise. That of course is my opinion and others may differ. I've never been on any cruise ship, on any cruise line, that there wasn't something I didn't like, but that's my own personal taste, as everyone has their own.

When it comes to mid market cruise lines the food may vary a bit but they all offer the same general range. And I can guarantee that there will be some things you like and some you don't. If you are a big foodie and want great food, you'd have to spend a little more for the higher end cruise lines, and even still, I can probably bet they would have things you didn't care for.

Specifically on the Dawn, I've been on this ship and the food was great.:)

There is a lot of good food on the Dawn - the thing to stay away from is buffet food that should be served warm (made to order foods being the exception). Most of the buffet food is stone cold - which completely ruins the taste; maybe it would be fine if it were warm.

It's as though the there is no heat source keeping the food warm at all.

Now if you are having something that is supposed to be cold, like a salad or a sandwich, then you are totally fine.

We were on the Dawn in January and the food was great. We only had one place the food was not good. Many people have complained about the buffet food being cold. When we went our food was at the correct temp. No problems there :) . I wouldn't not book a cruise based on some negative reports on food. It is way to subjective.

I can't recall any one particular cruise line we've sailed on where EVERY review said the food was great.

You can't please everyone.

There's always something you might like to eat, no matter what time of day, on a cruise.

Archived