Review of RCI Jeep Wrangler 4x4 tour

kittymom65

We were in Grand Cayman on Thursday, February 14, and took the Jeep Wrangler tour through Royal Caribbean.

Because the tour started early, we were on the first tender on the island, and met with the group at the tender pier.

We loaded a bus, and were driven to the Beach Club Colony. There, we were introduced to our guide, Wayne. We paired up so that there were 4 people per Jeep, and formed a short caravan (only about 6 jeeps) and followed Wayne in his jeep. Warning: They drive on the wrong side of the road there, so be sure your driver is okay with this. My husband drove our jeep, and had no problem whatsoever. The guide has a walkie talkie, as do all of the jeeps, so he tells you about the island as you are driving.

We drove along seven mile beach for a while, and made a stop at a place called Morgan's Harbor. You can see Rum Point and Stingray City, both form a distance here. Wayne told us about the history of the island, and then drove us through some residential neighborhoods.

We then drove to the Mangrove forest, which is a dirt road full of potholes and mudholes (and iguanas). My DH really enjoyed this, and managed to drive through every single mudhole was came across.

We stopped at the rum cake factory, and sampled several rum cakes, and even more rum:D . If you make a purchase here, they send it back to the ship for you.

We drove by the turtle farm, and then we went to Hell. We stopped about 10 minutes here for ice cream, bathroom, and shopping.

We then drove back along seven mile beach to end back at the Beach Club Colony, where we were give vouchers for beach chairs and a rum drink. We had some time at the beach there for swimming and snorkeling before boarding a bus back to the tender pier.

We would have had plenty of time for shopping there if we had wanted.

It was a very fun excursion, and a great way to see the island. I recommend for anyone who, like us, could not decide on One tour to do.

Please let me know if any questions!

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Grand Cayman on Thursday, February 14, and took the Jeep Wrangler tour through Royal Caribbean.

Because the tour started early, we were on the first tender on the island, and met with the group at the tender pier.

We loaded a bus, and were driven to the Beach Club Colony. There, we were introduced to our guide, Wayne. We paired up so that there were 4 people per Jeep, and formed a short caravan (only about 6 jeeps) and followed Wayne in his jeep. Warning: They drive on the wrong side of the road there, so be sure your driver is okay with this. My husband drove our jeep, and had no problem whatsoever. The guide has a walkie talkie, as do all of the jeeps, so he tells you about the island as you are driving.

We drove along seven mile beach for a while, and made a stop at a place called Morgan's Harbor. You can see Rum Point and Stingray City, both form a distance here. Wayne told us about the history of the island, and then drove us through some residential neighborhoods.

We then drove to the Mangrove forest, which is a dirt road full of potholes and mudholes (and iguanas). My DH really enjoyed this, and managed to drive through every single mudhole was came across.

We stopped at the rum cake factory, and sampled several rum cakes, and even more rum:D . If you make a purchase here, they send it back to the ship for you.

We drove by the turtle farm, and then we went to Hell. We stopped about 10 minutes here for ice cream, bathroom, and shopping.

We then drove back along seven mile beach to end back at the Beach Club Colony, where we were give vouchers for beach chairs and a rum drink. We had some time at the beach there for swimming and snorkeling before boarding a bus back to the tender pier.

We would have had plenty of time for shopping there if we had wanted.

It was a very fun excursion, and a great way to see the island. I recommend for anyone who, like us, could not decide on One tour to do.

Please let me know if any questions!

This is the excursion we are looking to do on our RCI cruise in May. We are both in our twenties and want to get a little bit of everything from the island.

I do have a few questions:

1) As with the swimming/snorkeling part, is snorkeling gear provided for this?

2) What was the approximate time frame for this excursion (I see that you were one of the firsts to tender, but what time did you make it back)?

3) What are your options for lunch?

Thanks for any input!

Archived