Windspirit 11-22-08 St. Thomas round trip

nancyrg

I must admit that the rash of recent negative comments have me concerned since my husband and I have convinced our family to join us for this upcoming trip. I am glad that you hada great time. We have always enjoyed Windstar and we are sure planning on enjoying this trip too!

One question for those of you who recently returned.....do they still offer the excursion to the Baths? We did it through the ship and had a great time-but I cannot find it in the excursion book-it appears that you have to drive yourself there???

i appreciate any info

thanks

nancy

We did it thru Windspirit....and enjoyed every minute of it....got there alot earlier than the larger cruise ships and did most of what we wanted to do before the large crowds....and again we just did the Bath tour last Fri. the 15th..

We booked the Bath tour as the " The Bath by 4 x 4" for $59.00....it sounded like it was going to be where you drive a 4 wheel drive veh. but it turned out that it is really a guided tour via open air taxi....you can also book it once you are aboard ship..

thanks for the information......I just did not want to have to drive the vehicle myself. The rest of my family has not been to the Baths and I thought it was really cool so I wanted all of us to go together.

any other excursions that were good? when my husband and i took this trip 2 years ago, we only did the excursion to the Baths but this time we would be more open to do more excusrions with my family

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were on the 9-16 Feb St. Thomas Wind Spirit cruise. Crew was terrific. We did the Baths and highly recommend it. Getting to the Baths early is the key and the ship arranged transport did just that. Other great time was the Catamaran/Snorkeling in Virgin Gorda. We did not go on the Amerca's Cup Excursion in St. Maarten but everyone that did raved about it. In St. Barts we rented a car on our own through Turbe Car rental, the same firm the ship uses. They met us at the landing and returned car there. It cost around $90 including full insurance, the independent excursion was priced at $189. I'd recommend you make your own arrangements. Drove over to Grand Cul De Sac. Unbelievable beach and great, but priocey lunch at Serene Resort.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Nancyrg, We are taking the same trip Dec 13. Once you have settled back to "real" life i would appreciate any insights/suggestions.In particular any info re getting to the Baths in Virgin Gorda on your own, car rental etc. Thanks in advance. shirley

Shirley:

First of all, we had a great time! The weather was perfect, the crew was fantastic, and overall all of us (9 people raning in age from 70-12) loved this trip!

For the Baths, we took the ship's excursion there-my husband and I had been there before but no one else had-and the ship's excursion was the easiest choice-it was a 30 ish minute trip in an open air safari style bus to the baths, and then about 2 hours on the beach and then the bus ride back. I think it cost $59 per person. There was an excursion where you could drive your own car-in a caravan, but since we were so many people the bus seemed like a better choice.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them for you!

Have a great trip!

Nancy

Nancy,do you know of anyone renting a car or scooter on Virgin Gorda? I havent quite figured out the location of the ships dock vs. the rental agencies. I think we might like to have the option to visit other areas on the island. thank you shirley

There are 5 car rentals on Virgin Gorda (the driver told us that) We passed several of them-but I do not think any of them were walking distance from the tender drop off point. But I am sure if you pre arrange, the car rental will meet you there. The names I can recall were Speedy, Island Style, Hertz & tropical (maybe) if that helps

• 1 month later...

Archived