Pacific Sun Questions

joll

We will be on the 42 day Cherry Blossom Cruise shortly and have some questions about what is available on the Pacific Sun.

Can anyone please advise:

1. Do they have a soda card similar to that on the Princess cruises? If so, what is the cost per day?

2. What about a coffee card? Cost?

3. On what deck is the laundry/ironing room and the cost?

4. Is there a pull across washing line in the shower cubicle?

5. Is the Sushi/Oyster Bar worthwhile and expensive?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you

Sorry, no soda or coffe card. They have soft drink by the can or the glass. My last cruise it was $1.50 for glass and $2 for a can (July). I think "gourmet" coffees were $2.50. You can also take cans of drink onboard with you if you want to save some money.

There is a laundry on on Deck 6 (Main) near cabin 128 and I thought somewhere else. It is $1 per load of washing and same for drying. You can take your own or it is another $1 for detergent (which might be two loads). There are also irons which are free. Sometimes they offer a bag special where you can either fit a certain number or stuff as much as you can in their laundry service bags for $25 or so, that is not guaranteed.

There is the little pull out clothesline. But I recommend you take your own as well to string around the cabin. Bunk ladders make good drying racks.

Can't comment on Sushi/Oysters.

We will be on the 42 day Cherry Blossom Cruise shortly and have some questions about what is available on the Pacific Sun.

Can anyone please advise:

1. Do they have a soda card similar to that on the Princess cruises? If so, what is the cost per day?

2. What about a coffee card? Cost?

3. On what deck is the laundry/ironing room and the cost?

4. Is there a pull across washing line in the shower cubicle?

5. Is the Sushi/Oyster Bar worthwhile and expensive?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you

Some answers -

1. Pac Sun does not have a soda card. A cart with softdrinks is brought around during lunch. Otherwise buy at a bar. Use your cruise card for each purchase.

2. There is no coffee card. Nescafe (instant coffee from a machine) is available free in the buffet area on Lido deck, and other coffees can be purchased using your cruise card.

3. Laundry - $1 per load in washer also in dryer.

4. There is a pull-across line in the shower cubicle.

5. Sorry, don't know.

Hope this helps. :):)

The sushi and oyster bar is only during lunch and in the buffet section.

With so many choices from the buffet and lunch in the dinning room we couldnt see the point in paying for food when the rest was included.I love sushi and oysters but I also love pasta,the pasta chef cooks up fresh pasta for no extra charge so why not the sushi chef?

This may all have changed from last year on the Pacific Sun,as on this years Dawn cruise non of them were available.

I would think that on such a long cruise that a lot more variety would be available than on the normal Pacific runs.

Den

Thanks everyone for your replies. I agree there is more than enough food offered on cruises and can't see the point of paying extra. We will take a travel clothesline and a few pegs.

Can anyone tell me what drinks are offered FREE during dinner, (juice, iced tea etc??.)

Also how many saunas are on board and if you have to pay for day use of the spa area.

Can anyone tell me what drinks are offered FREE during dinner, (juice, iced tea etc??.)

Also how many saunas are on board and if you have to pay for day use of the spa area.

Hi joll,

I think the only free drinks served in the Restaurants at dinner time are wAter throughout the meal and tea and coffee at the end of the meal..

Sorry dont know the answer regarding the saunas.

Regards

CRUISING ALONG:)

We were on the Pacific Sun at Christmas time and the sushi and oyster bar was open from 5 pm to 8.30 pm. A sushi platter (12 pieces) was $15 and a plate of prawns (25 large prawns) was $20. Oysters are only available for the first few days of the cruise so we did not get to have those.

Rach

Archived