TWE..My Horrible Experience!!!!

Mich1121

To let me begin I will tell you that I am getting married on the NCL Gem which departs on 3/22/08. I am getting married on 3/24/08 and I requested 4pm as my wedding time. When I booked I dealt with Cassandra at TWE and she assured me that I was the only wedding booked for the day and 4pm would not be a problem to get married at all. I received a confirmation call today from Denise who was very helpful. She advised me my wedding time was set for 11:45 am which does not coincide with anything that I have planned for the day. I have a dinner set up at one of the specialty restaurants for 6pm figuring it would take an hour for pictures and the ceremony and we would give people some time to unwind and get ready for dinner. Denise is going to see what she can do but she said there are other weddings that were booked before me so I may not get what I want. Everything Cassandra told me was not the truth. She also does not respond to any messages or emails that I have sent her. Once I hear back from Denise I have to speak with the ship coordinator to see if I can change my dinner time. UGH!

A word of advise... Make sure you get double confirmations from more than one person. I know when I signed up I could only request a time and it would not be a guarantee. But Denise said my paper work on her end shows 11:45 as my requested time which is not true. I have 4pm listed everywhere. Hopefully they can get me in for 3pm.

Some reps at TWE do not appear to know what they are doing! I plan on complaining to them and to NCL as well.:mad:

I did and they are going to try and see if they can accomodate it. Denise said if Cassandra would of advised me that a prior wedding was booked for 5pm I could of automatically requested 3pm and of gotten it but due to the lack of information they just stuck me with 11:45. She said she will know by Friday the latest. Hopefully everything works out!

I understand your frustrations but also remember that people are human and they make mistakes. Most call center employees are young and just out of school and not as experienced in the workplace as others. There is also alot of turnover in call center environments and there are new/green employees trying to learn. How do we learn...usually by making mistakes unfortunetly. I'm sure they will try to accomodate you as best they can. I hope it works out for you! :)

That was the one reason I didn't book through TWE because they wouldn't tell me if I could have the time slot I wanted. Thank GOD I got the right information.

I would have been an absolute BRIDEZILLA if this happened to me. :mad:

I wish you luck. Hopefully they will try to help you out and correct this if they can.

Regardless, in the end, I am sure it will turn out to be beautiful.

To let me begin I will tell you that I am getting married on the NCL Gem which departs on 3/22/08. I am getting married on 3/24/08 and I requested 4pm as my wedding time. When I booked I dealt with Cassandra at TWE and she assured me that I was the only wedding booked for the day and 4pm would not be a problem to get married at all. I received a confirmation call today from Denise who was very helpful. She advised me my wedding time was set for 11:45 am which does not coincide with anything that I have planned for the day. I have a dinner set up at one of the specialty restaurants for 6pm figuring it would take an hour for pictures and the ceremony and we would give people some time to unwind and get ready for dinner. Denise is going to see what she can do but she said there are other weddings that were booked before me so I may not get what I want. Everything Cassandra told me was not the truth. She also does not respond to any messages or emails that I have sent her. Once I hear back from Denise I have to speak with the ship coordinator to see if I can change my dinner time. UGH!

A word of advise... Make sure you get double confirmations from more than one person. I know when I signed up I could only request a time and it would not be a guarantee. But Denise said my paper work on her end shows 11:45 as my requested time which is not true. I have 4pm listed everywhere. Hopefully they can get me in for 3pm.

Some reps at TWE do not appear to know what they are doing! I plan on complaining to them and to NCL as well.:mad:

Most of the time your original coordinator doesnt stick around long enough to see your wedding thru.... It doesn't surprise me that the said you could have one thing and stuck you with another... sometimes I wonder if they are simply told to say "yes" in order to get the person to book and, hence, fork over a deposit.

Good luck. I hope you get your 3 pm time slot!

Do me a favor.... Call NCL customer service and ask whom your ship board coordinator is and ask how to contact that person directly. Dont wait for Denise.

Obviously TWE cant seem to keep your criteria straight. Just go straight to the ship's coordinator and handle it yourself.

Word of advice - dont tell NCL CS that this is in regards to a wedding. since the cruise lines contract the weddings out, perople are instructed to turn you back over to TWE/RR as soon as you mention the word "wedding". Refer to your ceremony/reception as simply an "event". "you are trying to schedule an event and need to talk to the on board coordinator."

good luck

I understand your frustrations but also remember that people are human and they make mistakes. Most call center employees are young and just out of school and not as experienced in the workplace as others. There is also alot of turnover in call center environments and there are new/green employees trying to learn. How do we learn...usually by making mistakes unfortunetly. I'm sure they will try to accomodate you as best they can. I hope it works out for you! :)

TWE should not be a "call center" type of environment. They are supposed to be professional wedding coordinators.

Well I received an email this morning that my wedding can take place at 4pm with no problem. Why TWE put me through this stress for no reason I don't know but I can't sweat the small stuff. Everything is working out so I am pleased.

One thing I do want to say though is even though these girls probably just got out of high school when I am paying a lot of money (1700 not including any reception money) I expect to get what I paid for and not have to second guess if someone is telling me the correct information. These are people's weddings and they have enough stress as it is without having to deal with people who cannot properly do their jobs. It is my own fault. From the get go I was emailed the incorrect paper work to fill out. I'm getting married in Florida-they sent me stuff as if I was getting married in New York. The list just goes on of mistakes.

I just wanted to give everyone using TWE a heads up to double check and triple check to make sure you are getting what you should be. I know times and location requests are not a definite but when I paid they assured me the time I requested was a guarantee just not the location. Which obviously they can do it at 4-why did I have to complain in order to get this time slot.

The bottom line is everything is fixed and I am happy! I will be sure to print out all my emails and receipts and bring them with me to be on the safe side. I wish cruise lines would use another agency. :o

Well I received an email this morning that my wedding can take place at 4pm with no problem. Why TWE put me through this stress for no reason I don't know but I can't sweat the small stuff. Everything is working out so I am pleased.

One thing I do want to say though is even though these girls probably just got out of high school when I am paying a lot of money (1700 not including any reception money) I expect to get what I paid for and not have to second guess if someone is telling me the correct information. These are people's weddings and they have enough stress as it is without having to deal with people who cannot properly do their jobs. It is my own fault. From the get go I was emailed the incorrect paper work to fill out. I'm getting married in Florida-they sent me stuff as if I was getting married in New York. The list just goes on of mistakes.

I just wanted to give everyone using TWE a heads up to double check and triple check to make sure you are getting what you should be. I know times and location requests are not a definite but when I paid they assured me the time I requested was a guarantee just not the location. Which obviously they can do it at 4-why did I have to complain in order to get this time slot.

The bottom line is everything is fixed and I am happy! I will be sure to print out all my emails and receipts and bring them with me to be on the safe side. I wish cruise lines would use another agency. :o

RR/TWE Newbie! :D

I am really glad that your plans worked out as you originally agreed.

Thanks for posting this info. Lot's of people will benefit from it!

Glad things worked out for you eventually!!! I am gettting married on Sea Princess with a 3.30 wedding slot, have arranged similar things as you, I only hope they stick to it.Will email them asap to ask for confirmation of the slot. Thanks for your posts- very useful

TWE should not be a "call center" type of environment. They are supposed to be professional wedding coordinators.

Please believe me, they are professionals! The word "Call Center Employees" should not have a negative connotation. Without them booking cruises wouldn't exist nor would many customer service jobs in this country. Those are the most thankless jobs in the US. All I want to say is this, these are cruise ship weddings. They are short but very sweet and also pretty in-expensive compared to the norm. That's why they are popular! ;) The drawback is feeling like you have no control and stressing out over it. It doesn't have to be that way! Keep the faith ladies and good luck!! If I can help in anyway, let me know!:)

Just to clarify...there are the call center coordinators that "set up" the weddings and there are wedding day coordinators that meet you on the ship and handle the days events. Either way, their job is to make your day as special and wonderful as possible. Be positive and you will be surprised what can happen! :)

• 1 month later...

Holidaygal works for TWE so expect those kinds of positive comments but you will see "relatively inexpensive" doesn't make sense

Compared to what? All of the independent planners who do EVERYTHING so the bride feels a connection and sense of someone actually caring and seeing the whole wedding through charge ALOT less than you guys charge

Archived