Setting up a web-site for a family cruise

fjb3cpa

Is anyone aware of a web-site that would allow one to create a web-site that would contain all of the information regarding a family cruise? We have set up a family cruise for later this year, and it would be great to have one central location where the entire family could view all of the details at one time.

With 5 different families coming from 5 different locations, I believe it would be convenient to have one central location where one could enter flight information, hotel information, pre and post cruise transportation arrangements for everyone for easy reference. Is there such a template available?

Thanks for your help.

Yep just create a "Yahoo Group" and set it to "private"

http://groups.yahoo.com/

It's a message board that you control. I use one for one of my mom's groups. We have photo albums kept there. A database (where you could store all of the cabin info)

But best of all it's totally private and no one else can see your site without an invite

Yep just create a "Yahoo Group" and set it to "private"

http://groups.yahoo.com/

It's a message board that you control. I use one for one of my mom's groups. We have photo albums kept there. A database (where you could store all of the cabin info)

But best of all it's totally private and no one else can see your site without an invite

Thanks, I have heard of these things before but have absolutely no experience with them and do not know anyone who has set one up, but I will check it out and see what it offers.

Thanks, I have heard of these things before but have absolutely no experience with them and do not know anyone who has set one up, but I will check it out and see what it offers.

It's pretty easy and require almost no computer knowledge...lol. Once you have a yahoo ID the rest is pretty self explanatory. It walks you through it.

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of setting one up. How do I set it to "private"? I've been searching and can't find the function.

Thanks.

I haven't had to do this in 9 years so I had to go and look at my group. You have to set membership to "Closed Membership". Then to add people in, just go to "Invite" and type the email address in and it will send only THAT person an invite to your group. The person then must accept or deny the invite. They will need to create a yahoo ID.

I haven't had to do this in 9 years so I had to go and look at my group. You have to set membership to "Closed Membership". Then to add people in, just go to "Invite" and type the email address in and it will send only THAT person an invite to your group. The person then must accept or deny the invite. They will need to create a yahoo ID.

What do I click on to access the membership feature?:o

Another handy site is TripHub.com, it's like Evite only for travel. It's not as great for cruises as it is for hotels (it can manage everyone's hotel booking and who's staying in whose room) but I still found it handy for keeping track of everyone's flights when I planned a girls' cruise in 2006. Incredibly easy to set up, you just need the e-mail addresses of the people who are coming and the dates of your trip and you can add on as you figure things out with your group.

What do I click on to access the membership feature?:o

I can access the members through management. But I think when I first started the group it asked me if I wanted to close the membersheip and it said it couldn't be reversed. So now my option is gone.

I was just thinking of something else. You are going on Carnival. Carnival has a section on their website that allows people to make groups on their website. And no one else can access your group. Look around the Carnival site for that option too.

Archived