Bringing back on ship

crusingforfun

For those who have cruised on Costa...

how is bringing back alcohol from a port?

Do they take it and give it back to you at the end of the vacation?

No one can give you a definite answer as to whether or not you will have to hand in the alcohol when returning from a port on your cruise. Some get to take it to their room, some have to hand it over. It seems to depend on who is working at the xray screening when coming back on the ship. I can tell you definitely that if it is packaged in the cardboard travel boxes that a lot of the stores use for multiple bottles, you will have to check that in 'cause there's no way you can hide that:D .

On both the Medterinea and Magica out of Ft Lauderdale we brought back bottles from ports. As posted before when in a "box" they were taken and delivered the last night. A single bottle in my bag made it through, no questions. On other lines we bought a BIG bottle of water for the day and before we borded poured it into the empty water bottle. In our experience Costa is much more relaxed. By the way, the prices on the ship are pretty good. They have specials through out the week. The funny part about all the alchol we take and buy is we drink so little that it last us all year. The bottle of rum we are taking in April came from the ship last year. LOL

For those who have cruised on Costa...

how is bringing back alcohol from a port?

Do they take it and give it back to you at the end of the vacation?

We were on the Atlantica Apr 07 and we had no trouble, we even brought on cases of pop. The check in crew is very friendly and helpful. We asked them before leaving the ship and they said no prob ........but food and plant life we not allowed

When we sailed on the Mediterranea I purchased 6 liters of alcohol while in port. I poured one bottle into a liter water bottle to sneak on board. I tried to check the other 5 but the guy just waved his hand in a "don't bother" gesture and sent me on through. I had plenty to drink for the remaining 5 days of my cruise. ;)

All 4 ports they confiscated my purchases....but I got them all back the last night to bring home. When boarding from Fort Lauderdale I had a small cooler that I used in Key West at my hotel that had 3 beer bottles. I also had wine in a pop bottle, CC and Baileys in pop bottles and they only took the beer...kind of worked like a decoy :rolleyes:

Archived