Seattle terminal to airport-taxi or transfer

wlfarm

Coming back into Seattle on June 14th from Alaskan cruise on Golden Princess and have early(12:00) flight out from Sea-Tac. I am needing fastest way to airport. I have never used cruiseline transfer and have always taken a cab from cruise termanial to airport. I figure that with having to load many passengers on bus and stop at different airlines entrances and unload luggage,that cab would be faster. Am I correcct? Are there plenty of cabs at pier 30? Also, how never done self debark, how much time would this save? I assume I can go to purser day before and get early debark "tags".

Thanks,

We were on the Westerdam in December and they allowed passengers to carry off their own luggage first, then they began disembarking others. It is quick and easy if you can manage your own luggage. During the cruise they will give you paperwork about your plans for disembark. I filled them out even though I had listed my plans in the on-line form. From that, they assign your disembarkation color codes that go on your luggage.

We also used the cruise line bus to the airport the first time we went to Alaska. Big mistake. It was very chaotic and disorganized. Lots of time standing around. The bus does not go to the various airlines, though, but drops you off at a general "bus" terminal. The next time we came back from Alaska, we went by taxi. It is a short, quick trip. Taxi is much better. Lots of them.

Taxi to the airport is definately the way to go. There are always plenty of cabs available. If you can carry your bags off yourself you can save yourself a lot of time. The cruise line will set you up for that type of departure while you are onboard.

FYI-- The transport busses that you get from the airport to the pier are great. They take your bags in the baggage pick up area and sell tickets right outside the door. You don't need to prebook, book either one way or round trip, depending upon your post cruise plans. Upon arrival at the pier you can go directly to the check in area and your bags will show up outside your cabin. Very handy.

Archived