my documents

cruising together

I am having my documents mailedto me . Can I still acess my documents online

If you try and access them online then you wont get them mailed to you,instead you will have e-docs and have to print them online. You won't get them in the mail. I learned this the hard way.I originally wanted to get them mailed and our TA put us down to have them mailed but we (mom and I) looked at our reservations online and waited and waited for them to show up in the mail but they never did. We called our TA and he said that we now had e- docs because we already "peeked" at them online. So we had to print everything out ourselves online.

Happy Cruising!:)

The above poster is correct.

If you look at them online. Then thats it- you can only get them online.

Many people think they are going to peek at them then just go back and select paper docs. No one can go back and change this.

In other words once you go there, you cant go back.

I personally like the elec docs. The only down side ~ the luggage tags.

The above poster is correct.

If you look at them online. Then thats it- you can only get them online.

Many people think they are going to peek at them then just go back and select paper docs. No one can go back and change this.

In other words once you go there, you cant go back.

I personally like the elec docs. The only down side ~ the luggage tags.

Edocs or Paper Docs.... luggage tags are now the same format and no longer those pretty colored ones with strings from days past with paper docs !

New Paper Docs have the luggage tags included within the cruise docs that are torn out and look identical to those using the Edoc method.....

A luggage tag is a luggage tag, and really not an issue in my eyes and has caused no new problems with luggage being delivered to staterooms that I have been advised of by clients and recent personal cruises ! Only thing I suggest is using packing tape to reinforce. Some will say go out and get them laminated for a fee, some punch holes in them and use a strong rubberband to attach to luggage. We just suggest using clear packing tape and a couple staples works just fine !

If you try and access them online then you wont get them mailed to you,instead you will have e-docs and have to print them online. You won't get them in the mail. I learned this the hard way.I originally wanted to get them mailed and our TA put us down to have them mailed but we (mom and I) looked at our reservations online and waited and waited for them to show up in the mail but they never did. We called our TA and he said that we now had e- docs because we already "peeked" at them online. So we had to print everything out ourselves online.

If you have completed and printed your "FunPass", this is really all you need to board the ship (other than proof of citizenship). I have personally tested this 2 times at two different embarkation points and have yet to even have to show the excessive pages of print from the Edoc concept....to me, a waste of time and paper.

Is this FOR SURE....because I have "peeked online", but selected the option that I do not want e-docs. When I go back online and look again, there is a message in red that I have requested mailed documents.

Is this FOR SURE....because I have "peeked online", but selected the option that I do not want e-docs. When I go back online and look again, there is a message in red that I have requested mailed documents.

Well all I know is this was the case for us and several people who post on CC. If your cruise is comming up soon I would make sure that you are for certain if you are still getting mailed docs or else your stuck with the e-docs.

Not sure if it's because we're a group or if it's because we're not sailing until Sept 08 but our Groups PVP has informed me that E-docs are now mandatory and Carnival will not issue paper documents because of the excess expense. I was also told there was a policy that all passengers MUST complete their online E-Pass or possibly be restricted from boarding. Plus they give you up to 3 days before sailing to complete it.

On "My documents", I selected "No, I want paper documents...." and clicked OK. Then I am taken to a screen with a message in red at the top, "Guests will receive paper documents via mail. Message ID:1206". Then there is an ititerary below and off to the right a "Know before you go" box with Welcome Aboard Information, Cruise Ticket Contract Terms, etc. I assumed these were the documents. But maybe it is not the actual documents I am looking at after all?!? Thoughts, anyone?

Once you are within 30 days of the cruise, the paper docs are in the mail. You are then able to access them online and print all you want. I personally like to have plenty of luggage tags and laminate my own. I even print out several at half size so I can put them on things like my camera bag, purse, carry-on, beach tote, MP3 player, etc. Everything we take is well labeled.

You are correct but as soon as they are mailed to you, you can then view them online. I have done that on my last two cruises.

I am having my documents mailedto me . Can I still acess my documents online

Yes and No.

You will always be able to access your documents online - it's whether or not you get paper docs that becomes questionable.

If you booked within a few weeks of sailing, you will only get online documents.

If you have called and confirmed that paper documents are on the way, you can access the electronic documents all day long.

If the paper documents are not yet mailed and you view your electronic documents, you are playing with fire. Sometimes you might still get paper if you make sure that you select paper docs when you are done. Sometimes.

..and sometimes the paper doc fairy eats them for lunch and you become doomed to only receive electronic docs :eek:

(I wanted paper docs - really I did - but the P.D. fairy was hungry that day :( )

Archived