We're Back With HAL for Good!

rocknrobin

Goodness, somewhat hostile. I think someone's preferences in chosing a line is subjective and doesn't really require sarcasm. Sorry, but it just really bothered me.

No hostility meant!!

I just couldn't make the connection between one bad Costa Cruise, and a "HAL only" future.

If you're a Costa fan, I rank them below Carnival.

Didn't mean to bother you!

No hostility meant!!

I just couldn't make the connection between one bad Costa Cruise, and a "HAL only" future.

If you're a Costa fan, I rank them below Carnival.

Didn't mean to bother you!

OH, heavens no! YOU did not and would not bother me. I was in one of those 'moods', apparently, and let a remark bother me, not you! Please, never stop voicing your opinion. It truly does matter, and I apologize if I was snappy.

OH, heavens no! YOU did not and would not bother me. I was in one of those 'moods', apparently, and let a remark bother me, not you! Please, never stop voicing your opinion. It truly does matter, and I apologize if I was snappy.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Turks and Cacos, Tortola, US Virgin Island and Half Moon Cay.:)

Thanks again,

Peter

Hi Peter,

What ship/date are you going? Sounds like our itinerary. We going on the Westerdam, March 23, 08. Our first HAL and really looking forward to it.

Judy & Michael

In St Thomas we always go down town. Last time we took a tour of the island . We just picked out one of the many waiting when you get off the ship. Took us all around the island and let us off in down town area. Was much less than booking on the ship and we were with some who had booked on ship. Half Moon cay Is beautiful. It is HAL private island and I feel the best. The sand is so white and the water so so blue. I almost felt they put blue dye in the water lol lol. They have chairs and do a very nice cook out.

Hi Judy, Michael,

We are leaving next Saturday on the Zuiderdam. We live in Montreal and even though it was beautiful today (+2C or 35F)... Yes, I said beautiful, it has been a long winter with tons of snow, so we are really getting anxious. Have a great trip.

Peter

Hello all - well....we learned our lesson; instead of keeping with HAL this year and cruising with our friends, we sailed on Costa this past January - BIG mistake. Won't happen again! BTW...is Leo (deck steward outside of the buffet) still onboard? He was going home to the Phillipines for a vacation at the end of our January 07 trip, but planned to be back. He's a great guy - hope he is still with the ship.

Hello Robin,

Glad to hear you are coming back to HAL... We enjoyed your company on the Noordam in January 2007 voyage and have many pleasant memories and enjoyed Leo's smile and service also....

Enjoy your voyage!:)

Andrew!!

Your ears must be burning - we were just talking about you last night and what a good time we had on our trip last year. Oh - I am so happy that you posted on here! We've had a multitude of ups and downs this past year - tumultuous at times (wonderful our Allyson's wedding; harrowing health/family issues). We've moved also; I no longer have your phone number. I've thought of you and Roz so often - hoping to run into you in the area. We would love to see the two of you and catch up. Our phone number has changed; I don't want to post the new number here. If you'd like to get together with us, please let me know through a posting - we can work out the contact info. My best to Roz...I am so happy to hear from you!

Hello Robin,

Glad to hear you are coming back to HAL... We enjoyed your company on the Noordam in January 2007 voyage and have many pleasant memories and enjoyed Leo's smile and service also....

Enjoy your voyage!:)

Hi Andrew, this is Maureen. Kenny and I traveled with Robin, Bill, Maryann and Rich last year. We remember you well. Hope that you and Roz are well.

Kenny and I took the same cruise this year. We had a great time, but it wasn't the same without the old gang. I hope we can all connect on a HAL ship in the near future! Maybe try that snorkle trip again! Had to love that flying fish!

Andrew!!

Our phone number has changed; I don't want to post the new number here. If you'd like to get together with us, please let me know through a posting - we can work out the contact info. My best to Roz...I am so happy to hear from you!

Robin,

So nice to hear back from you...

Reach out to me at nomen12345atyahoodotcom:)

Would love to catch up with you!

Hi Andrew, this is Maureen. Kenny and I traveled with Robin, Bill, Maryann and Rich last year. We remember you well. Hope that you and Roz are well.

Kenny and I took the same cruise this year. We had a great time, but it wasn't the same without the old gang. I hope we can all connect on a HAL ship in the near future! Maybe try that snorkle trip again! Had to love that flying fish!

Hello Maureen,

Nice to hear from you also! So glad you and Kenny had the chance to do the Noordam again this year. I hope she was as wonderful this year as she was to all of us last year!

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about this years cruise, what was the same, what was different, how was the new dinning setup(if you took part...), etc.

Thanks for remembering us...:)

Hello Maureen,

Nice to hear from you also! So glad you and Kenny had the chance to do the Noordam again this year. I hope she was as wonderful this year as she was to all of us last year!

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about this years cruise, what was the same, what was different, how was the new dinning setup(if you took part...), etc.

Thanks for remembering us...:)

The Noordam was as elegant this year as last year. We did a lot of things to make the cruise a different one. First, we got a different cabin class. We had a veranda last year and a CAT C this year. That's an outside, with a window on the first level, slighly forward of midships. I was a bit skeptical, but we really loved it. The ocean seemed close enough to touch, and we spent long times sitting and watching the waves.

We did have As you Wish Dining, and really like that, as well. The only night that it was a bit off was the first night. But, it was like that last year and we had assigned seating. Some nights we ate with others, a few by ourselves. We never made a reservation and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. We met some fascinating people and the nights we had a table for 2, we met each other once again. We ran into a couple I know from home. I went to school with her and they attend the same church we do. We did a few things together and it made the cruise special.

We were under Code Red from the third day until the last. That resulted in having to be served all food in the Lido, no salt and pepper or rolls or sugar on the tables; the hot tubs and thermal suite were closed; and the books and papers were closed away in the library. We still had a blast, and it really didn't bother us. We had a membership to the thermal suite for the entire cruise, and they gave us our money back, cheerfully.

They changed the St. Thomas and San Juan calls so they came one after the other. This way we only had one immigration call this year. And, it was at 8:00 instead of 7:00.

We had a different Cruise Director and DJ (also a different Captain). The different CD and DJ made for a diffent experience, and I actually preferred last year's to this year's. That being saidm the entertainment this year was very good. They had some marvelous acts. The female singer with the HAL Cats was terrible.

It wasn't 73 when we left New York! In fact, it wasn't pool weather until day 3, unlike last year.

I bought the Internet package this year and had no trouble hooking into the wireless from our cabin. I understand that some others didn't have a similar experience, but I was pleased.

We didn't see any familiar crew members, but the crew was magnificent. This was particulary so in light of the Code Red. There were some very rude passengers on board (as there usually are) and the crew never lost their cool. The ship is still spotless, despite the constant disinfecting, which tends to leave a residue.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask!

Maureen

Archived