Professional Photographer

mara93

Hey, ladies!

Can anyone fill me in if they used a photographer other than the ships?

I have a photographer in the family & would love for her to shoot my wedding but would this be frowned upon?

Would I need to inform TWE or Carnival in advance?

Will they let her board with her equipment?

She will be a non-sailing guest, but would come aboard for the ceremony/reception.

Thanks!!!

Here is a quote from my TWE paperwork:

"Carnival Cruise Lines will not authorize any outside professional photographer on board our vessels."

It actually mentions outside vendors not being allowed serval times throughout all the pages. I know they do allow others to capture pictures with digital cameras, but I've also read on these boards, over the last year, that if the ship photographer senses another "professional" he/she will get in their way, have the couple look the other way, etc...:cool:

It is a nice thought and would be great if we could bring our own photographer! :)

Remember this pertains to a "ship board" wedding, if you are gettting married on a island, ignore this entire post. ;)

My brother is a wedding photographer, so I will definitely be having him bring his equipment and everything on board. Theres nothing they can do because he is my brother and a sailing guest on the cruise. I feel like more and more people are buying the big professional cameras for themselves, so who's to say that's not just his regular camera. Hopefully they won't complain, but if they do, it's no skin off my back. What are they going to do anyways, throw him off the ship?

When I spoke with Carnival about this , i was told that they inspect any equipment that appears high tech and professional. They said that anyone with equipment that is more than a typical digital camera will not be allowed to bring it onboard. You may want to ask them what they consider professional and high tech.

Damn. Not to offend anyone, but I would really prefer the more polished photos of a photographer.

I *think* I remember a bride on here who was allowed to bring a professional photographer onboard. I'm going to try to find her post.

My good friend was a photography major in school and does it on the side. She came with us and brought her camera. Nobody said anything to her and I can honestly say that I liked her pictures alot better than the photographers. I guess that's why I barely bought any from him.

Archived