what can you tell me about the Sailaway Seafood Buffet

DonnaK

I agree with several of the previous posters that it was okay, but not exactly spectacular. We were on the Crown with a group of 8 family members with late dining. One of our number went to the buffet and brought back a lot of it for appetizers, around 6 PM. It made decent appetizers, but for the most part wasn't what I would want for a meal. I do like seafood, and would do i the same way again.

Does anyone know if they have the seafood buffet on that itinerary?

The Caribbean does offer the Sail-Away Seafood Buffet

Does anyone know if it is on the Star? We will be on her in Nov. '08 sailing out of San Francisco to Mexican Riviera. What time does it begin? Oh please say yes.......:D

Not as of yet.

You're making me hungry! :D We are on the Coral from Vancouver to Whittier, AK. Does anyone know if it's offered on Alaskan cruises?

Sorry, not on the Coral :(

The Seafood Buffet is only offered on the Emerald, Crown, Caribbean, the new Ruby will in Nov.

Is the Sailaway Seafood Buffet worth skipping the dining room? I enjoy dressing up for dinner and being waited on, so I'm afraid doing the Buffet would be somewhat disappointing. What are your opinions? Is the food good enough to sacrifice the dining room experience especially on the first night of the cruise? Or would you just stop by there on the way to the dining room?

If you can pace yourself, you can do the seafood buffet and then the dining room. Just don't overdo it! :p

We did just that, hitting the buffet at around 6:30, and then the dining room around 8:30. We had anytime dining so this worked out great!

When we sailed on the Caribbean Princess, this was a dinner option in the Cafe Caribe. In addition to the more usual buffet items, there were trays with cold, peeled shrimp (quite large) and cold cracked lobster claws and split crab legs. It was mentioned in the daily Patter and I believe began at 6:00 pm.

We ate later in the evening and made this the basis for our hors doeuvres (spelling?).

Enjoy your cruise.

Ditto! They do it two nights on the 10 day CB Cruise.

Wonderful way for a snack before getting ready for late dinner.

Anyone know if the seafood buffet is offered on the Coral/ We are doing Panama Canal in April.

I like the idea of using it for appetizers then getting dressed for the dining room.

So now ya got me craving crab claws. GEE THANKS!!!! I have 53 days left.

Anyone know if the seafood buffet is offered on the Coral/ We are doing Panama Canal in April.

I like the idea of using it for appetizers then getting dressed for the dining room.

So now ya got me craving crab claws. GEE THANKS!!!! I have 53 days left.

AFAIK, the seafood buffets are only on the Caribbean, Emerald and the Crown. Of course the new Ruby too.

Pia

Wow, that's a great picture, and brings back memories of the seafood buffet on our Emerald Thanksgiving cruise. I LOVE seafood, and we skipped the dining room in order to eat at the buffet that night, but we were very disappointed. It just didn't taste that great. In particular, I remember the crab legs being too salty to eat. DH & I each took about 5-6 of the crab legs because they looked so good, but we couldn't even choke down one bite. I felt so bad throwing them away, but they were terribly salty.

Mary Ellen

Archived