Turtles from the beach

MNFreeze

Sounds good, thank you again for the information. It's great to be prepared and that's what I love about this website. We have read many good and bad reviews over the years but always try to look things objectively. Your comments are interesting, we had a similar experience with a tour in Belize - the boat they showed up in was very different from what they advertised. I think I will probably be booking with them but I will email them to ensure that we will be on that boat and that there will be no problem getting back to the ship in time. Thank you again for all of your great information! :)

Jessie

Thanks. We will be spending almost 3 full days in San Juan and cruising to: St. Thomas, Antigua, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. If you have any other great information about any of these other ports I'd love to hear it. We are currently booked with Bumpiing Tours in Dominica and Cosol in St. Lucia. We are still researching the other ports.

Thanks. We will be spending almost 3 full days in San Juan and cruising to: St. Thomas, Antigua, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. If you have any other great information about any of these other ports I'd love to hear it. We are currently booked with Bumpiing Tours in Dominica and Cosol in St. Lucia. We are still researching the other ports.

Some of our favorite places :) . We do a lot of snorkeling -St. John is a terrific place to snorkel when you're in St. Thomas. Easy to get to you on your own, snorkeling at Cinnamon Bay is a great snorkeling spot. We've also done a day sail on Highpockets - a great day. Relaxing and very good snorkeling. Antigua is our favorite island. Have you checked out Eli Fuller's tours, the EcoTour and Xtreme Circumav? Our two absolutely favorite all-time excursions - www.adventureantigua.com. We've done his tours 5 times. We'll be making our first visit to Dominica in January on Summit, and we're booked with Levi, too. I'd love to hear how you liked your cruise and the stuff you did when you get back, e-mail me

jl moln er @ sbc global . net (take out all the spaces).

Hi Jodi - thanks for the information. I will definitley email when I get back. We love to snorkel too. I ended up booking with Thriller so right now we have excursions in 3 ports and will probably hit the beaches to do some snorkeling and relaxing in the others. :) I think we're looking to snorkel at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas (we've been to Trunk Bay in the past), Long Bay in Antiqua, and Cockleshell Beach in St. Kitts. Have you been to any of those?

Jessie

Hi Jodi - thanks for the information. I will definitley email when I get back. We love to snorkel too. I ended up booking with Thriller so right now we have excursions in 3 ports and will probably hit the beaches to do some snorkeling and relaxing in the others. :) I think we're looking to snorkel at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas (we've been to Trunk Bay in the past), Long Bay in Antiqua, and Cockleshell Beach in St. Kitts. Have you been to any of those?

Jessie

We're not big sit-on-the-beach folks. We like port-intensive cruises (only 1 sea day), and generally only sit on the beach one of those days, usually St. Maarten. We planned on gonig to Sapphire Beach last January, but it was actually a rainy day in St. Thomas and we ended walking into Charlotte Amalie and shopping - found some really great little stores in the back streets, walked back, but very wet, had a great time. 7 or 8 trips to St. Thomas, and that's the first time we've done that. On Antigua we always spend time with Eli, or his crews, on one or other of his boats. This January we actually just spent the day with him, getting a great tour of the island, but didn't see Long Bay. The one time we've been to St. Kitts, we booked with Ilva. I don't remember her last name, and haven't looked at that board for a long time, since we haven't had plans to go back there. She took us to a beach for a short while, but it wasn't Cockleshell. This coming cruise, we're going to St. Maarten (this time we're going to Maho and then maybe to Dawn Beach), Grenada, where we'll be touring wth Mandoo (again), Dominica (Levi's taking us on a tour that includes Middleham Falls, Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge, Watten Waven Sulphur Springs and Champagne Reef), Bonaire (water taxi over to Klein Bonaire to snorkel on our own), and Aruba (we've been looking at snorkeling/dive maps on the internet and are going to rent a car and go hunting for one). Then, finally a sea day, and I think we'll actually be ready for it! And on this trip we're actually starting off with 2 days in Puerto Rico (usually just one), so we can go to Riu Camuy Caves and Araceibo. Yikes!

We're usually pretty active in the ports too but this is the first time we've been on a cruise with no sea days. I think I'm going to need a vacation after our vacation! :) My DH loves to snorkel so I hopefully we will be able to find some decent snorkeling at these other ports. When is your next cruise? We loved St. Maarten when we were there. We rented a 4-wheeler and circled the entire island stopping at many of the famous beaches we had researched before going. We did spend some time snorkeling at Dawn Beach (behind the Westin) and found that to be pretty decent snorkeling. St. Thomas we've been to before but have never made it over to Charlottle Amalie, we hope to make it over this time after going to Sapphire Beach. I will check out some of the back streets. :) We have a very similar tour booked in Dominica with Levi. Have not been to the other ports you mentioned, they sound exciting!

We're sailing on 1/10/09, and have a January 2010 booked, as well. This upcoming trip will be our first times on Bonaire and Dominica, return visit to all the other islands (many times on St. Maarten). We've been to Dawn Beach many years ago, haven't been back since. As far as St. John goes, we never go to Trunk Bay. We really like Cinnamon, and Waterlemon Cay, but wouldn't go there again without renting a car.

Archived