Fort Lauderdale Airport Question

SuzCruise

My DH and I just booked on the April 7th Mariner out of FLL. Now we are trying to book air. If the cruise departs at 4PM are we cutting it too close to get a flight that arrives on the day of departure at 12:30PM?

Thanks for the help - as always!

If possible you should always book a flight for the day before the cruise. It really helps disaster-proof the start of your cruise.

Also, Homeland Security has now stated that you must be on board and checked in (both) no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Most all cruise lines are making it a mandatory 90 minutes. That leaves you with not much of a cushion should your flight be delayed or canceled.

At a minimum, take an earlier flight even if it means waking up the rooster before he is ready to crow.

Definitely fly in at least one day early!

It'll save a lot of stress and give you time to wind down before enjoying a wonderful cruise.

Delayed and canceled flights are almost epidemic these days.

You should definitely try to get in the day before, there are several nice hotels very close to the cruise terminal i.e. Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and also Embassy Suites. These two are a 5 minute drive from the terminal.

Your proposed connection is so tight I doubt Regent Air would accept it. IF your flight arrives on time. And IF your luggage arrives with it. And IF your luggage is offloaded in a timely fashion, you could be at the ship by 2:30 p.m. because the cab ride from the airport to the cruise terminal is 10 minutes. But IF there are no cabs in the cue at that time, you are in trouble. I agree with everyone else, don't take the risk. The aggrivation and expense you will incur IF you don't make it in time won't be worth the extra bucks you will spend arriving a day early.

SuzCruise,

I have flown into FLL from North Carolina in both December and January on direct flights. I took the earliest flight out and both times arrived in time. The January flight was delayed 2 hours, so I was glad I was on the earliest flight.

With a 12:30 arrival, without any complications, I would go a day early. Just to be safe.

You don't say where you are flying in from, but after a day like today in NY, you MUST fly in a day early. Same day is cutting it way too close. There are many hotels in the FLL area that provide free pick up at airport and then free drop off at cruise terminal. Don't take the chance of missing your cruise. It can still snow in April!!! (and there's rain, and fog, and everything else to deal with)

My DH and I just booked on the April 7th Mariner out of FLL. Now we are trying to book air. If the cruise departs at 4PM are we cutting it too close to get a flight that arrives on the day of departure at 12:30PM?

Thanks for the help - as always!

That is WAY too close!!

Enjoy!!

AG

Archived