anybody know which cabins with which muster?

cruisejourno

Hiya.. I'm on the CB in April and was wondering if anybody knew if D608 - a balcony minisuite - and D507 - just inside along the hall - (on the dolphin deck) are with the same muster station? I've heard stories of fire doors automatically closing in the corridor and shutting some cabins off from others in the event of an alarm. Is this the case with the CB? Any views gratefully received!

Hiya.. I'm on the CB in April and was wondering if anybody knew if D608 - a balcony minisuite - and D507 - just inside along the hall - (on the dolphin deck) are with the same muster station? I've heard stories of fire doors automatically closing in the corridor and shutting some cabins off from others in the event of an alarm. Is this the case with the CB? Any views gratefully received!

Both cabins you mention are more than likely will be at the same muster station. The are also within the same set of fire doors.

If you look at a deck plan you can see the fire doors at cabins D424/D502 and D530/D602. You will notice the cabin numbers make the jump to the next 100 at the fire door break.

http://res.*****.com/travel/cruise/shipdeck.rvlx?ShipID=189&DeckID=21315&printable=1

You are correct you do have a fire door between your cabins. I had my dad and youngest daughter in the hall accross from me and my oldest daughter once and it also had a fire door between and they went to a different muster station. I went to the one they went to because there was no way in an emergency I was going to let my 7 year old not be where I was. However the crew said in an emergency we would not be together and it's there job to make sure that your life jacket letter matches your station.

Both cabins you mention are more than likely will be at the same muster station. The are also within the same set of fire doors.
This is incorrect. Every change in the first digit of the cabin number D5xx to D6xx indicates a different fire zone, in this case zones 5 and 6, and will be separated by fire doors. That's the reason why Princess numbers their cabins so strangely.

I can't remember for sure if these cabins are in the same muster station, but I believe they are.

The fire doors also open when pushed, or so they say in the announcements during the muster. It's not a case of a big door slams down and you are stuck in that compartment in an emergency (like you would expect in the lower crew decks with watertight doors). You can still go between the zones if you need to.

The fire doors also open when pushed, or so they say in the announcements during the muster. It's not a case of a big door slams down and you are stuck in that compartment in an emergency (like you would expect in the lower crew decks with watertight doors). You can still go between the zones if you need to.

The doors are very heavy but I am happy to report that they do indeed open so you can leave your area in the event of a fire.

D608 is a great Cabin.. my sister had that cabin and I had the one next door. D606.. You will have a great time.

Both cabins you mention are more than likely will be at the same muster station. The are also within the same set of fire doors
thanks for this.. but it would suggest that the cabins are separated by the fire doors? D608 is on the outside of the doors you suggested, isn't it?

I relooked at it and you guys are right. :o Thanks for the correction. :o :o

Archived