Lobster?

cmztravelers

I just read a detailed review of the Pearl and they stated Lobster was no longer available in the main dining rooms, only the pay restaurants. I was under the impression they still had a Lobster night in the main dining rooms. True? I am sailing Sunday on the Dawn. Yipee!

Every lobster I've ever had on a cruise was just ok, nothing to write home about. I'm from Maryland and personally I think lobster is inferior to blue crab anyway:)LOL:D

I'm also a Marylander and I can second that!!!! Nothing like Maryland Blue Crab.:D

I'm also a Marylander and I can second that!!!! Nothing like Maryland Blue Crab.:D

We used to love the crab cakes at Flap's in Potomac (lots of family there)...I was sad to hear that they have closed...but we have also had some amazingly good lobster along the New England coast (which is why we rarely order lobster on a cruise).

I just read a detailed review of the Pearl and they stated Lobster was no longer available in the main dining rooms, only the pay restaurants. I was under the impression they still had a Lobster night in the main dining rooms. True? I am sailing Sunday on the Dawn. Yipee!

ok, haven't read what others have posted so I am probably repeating what you already know.

The first full day at sea there is a seafood dish that does have lobster, as well as scallops, salmon and shrimp I beleive. It is served over fettachini and has a wonder sause. No, it isn't the lobster we are accustom to getting, but they are nothing more than small frozen tails that can to good or bad. I actually enjoyed the seafood dish more. Again, this is a mattler of opinion. The cutting back on the Lobster isn't just on NCL, I beleive RCI has adopted the same policy. Freestyle 2.0 is supposed to adjust this. We will see.

For those from Maryland, we lived in the DC area for 7 years; you are right, good crab is better than Lobster anyday unless you can get fresh main Lobster. As for dining places, we were sad when told Housners in Baltimore was closed, probably our favorite restaurant of all time.

Nita

That's the great thing about 2.0..........They take away the lobster now so that next summer when 2.0 is fully implemented they'll market all sorts of fabulous new enhancements like serving lobster.

lol....that made me smile:) ...because it was soooooo well put!!

When the dining rooms serve lobster it is usually a warm water lobster like rock lobster which has no claws. Cagney's the pay restaurant serves cold water Maine lobster.

I enjoy it when they serve it in the main dining room but it is not the same as what they serve in Cagney's which also was nowhere near as good as the lobster I had in Bar Harbor on my last cruise.

Every lobster I've ever had on a cruise was just ok, nothing to write home about. I'm from Maryland and personally I think lobster is inferior to blue crab anyway:)LOL:D

I'm with you - lobsters served were nothing to write home about! I won't miss it. They never tasted anything like a Maine lobster, I often wondered where they came from???:rolleyes:

Was on the Pride of Aloha last week and they did have a lobster/prime rib night. I had the prime rib (not a lobster lover) which was excellent. My friend had the lobster and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many others mentioned that they had both as a surf and turf.

I would hope by now the canned answer would be "maybe" or "pot luck". :p

Last fall there were quite a few posting that lobster wasn't being served in the main dining rooms anymore. However, our repo cruise on the Spirit proved otherwise. I heard they picked them up in Belize and they were quite tasty too.

Here again we have some regulars posting that lobster night is no more. Yet recent cruisers state otherwise.

It's a special treat and all, but I don't cruise for lobster. Do you?

ok, haven't read what others have posted so I am probably repeating what you already know.

The first full day at sea there is a seafood dish that does have lobster, as well as scallops, salmon and shrimp I beleive. It is served over fettachini and has a wonder sause. No, it isn't the lobster we are accustom to getting, but they are nothing more than small frozen tails that can to good or bad. I actually enjoyed the seafood dish more. Again, this is a mattler of opinion. The cutting back on the Lobster isn't just on NCL, I beleive RCI has adopted the same policy. Freestyle 2.0 is supposed to adjust this. We will see.

For those from Maryland, we lived in the DC area for 7 years; you are right, good crab is better than Lobster anyday unless you can get fresh main Lobster. As for dining places, we were sad when told Housners in Baltimore was closed, probably our favorite restaurant of all time.

Nita

Good Maryland Crab and ice cold beer - I'm in Heaven!!!

Archived