Montego Bay- Without a long drive

ESR24

I'm wondering the same thing......what is there to do in Mo Bay that's fun????? All I hear is Ocho Rios this and that. I don't want to be in a taxi or bus for 2 hours each way. I want to be having fun closer to the ship. There's got to be something to do! Help!!!!

There is lots to see and do near MoBay, the problem is that one persons idea of fun is anothers idea of boring.

You could start by looking at the DESTINATIONS section on CC, read a guide book, pull up some websites for general reading, and read past posts on the Jamaica forum. Also check your cruiselines own shorex, because even if you dont want to book any, they will give you a good idea of what there is available in the area.

Last month 4 of us arranged a private tour to YS Falls (because 2 of us had visited Dunns River falls last year from Ocho Rios) It is a lovely spot and you could spend a long time there as there is a pool, ziplining etc. One of us ziplined. We then returned to Anchove, close to MoBay to go to Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and feed the hummingbirds, then a few minutes later stopped at Lethe for river rafting. This is not an exciting white water rafting trip, it is a slow and leisurely 45 minute down river sail. Some would love it some would not think it too tame.

YS is almost 2 hours from MoBay, a little quicker if you take the fast road. We did a round trip going the slower more scenic route across a more mountainous inland route to get there and came back by a faster not terribly scenic route.

There is also the Bob Marley experience, Martha River rafting, Horse riding, sailing, beaches, plantation house visits, Negril, hiking and all sorts. And DR Falls is approx 2 hours. If doing 2 hours then DR Falls would be more "fun" for anyone who has not been to either.

Once you read up on things you can decide if there is anythine close to MoBay which you would like to do, or if there is something further away which you would prefer instead.

We have enjoyed both our days in Jamaica but we custom built them to suit ourselves.

who did you arrange your trip with. this sounds like just what I want to do. hummingbirds and quiet trip down the river. no tubing for me. How were the falls. is the climbing rough. I keep hearing how Dunn falls is tough. Since some of your were at both how do they compare. Thank you for your response.

Archived