Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Thank you for the prompt reply. Not clear, how far away is Krispy Kreme & Starbucks? Most of our clientele will not be venturing 5-6 blocks.

Starbucks is at 1st Av South and Lander, the same place where the bus stops are. Krispy Kreme is a few blocks farther north (toward downtown) from there.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for the wealth of information you have provided on this Forum! Many of my questions have been answered here, especially on this thread.

But I would like to get your advice about our disembarkation day from HAL (Oosterdam). My flight leaves earlier so I’ll be departing separately from my relatives (I was happy to hear about the Cruise Express, a cheaper option than a taxi for 1 person).

The rest of my family flies out at 6PM and would like to see some sights (or at least one) before they head to the airport. Do you think it’s possible for them to visit either the Aquarium, Zoo, or Museum of Flight and have time to make it back to Terminal 30 by 3:30pm to pick up their bags at the Concierge? And if so, do you recommend any of these places over the other? (there are 3 children in the party) And lastly, am I correct to assume that 2 taxi’s would be the best mode of transportation for all 7 of them to be able to do this in a timely manner?

Thank you!

Aquarium is the closest of the three (down near Pier 66 cruise terminal). Zoo is some miles north of downtown, and the Museum of Flight is but 5 miles or so north of SEA-Tac airport, so both would be unlikely in terms of the target time to get there, tour and get back to pick up bags. Yep, two taxis sounds about right.

What a great thread - thank you. I have a couple of questions for you...I apologize if they have been answered already - I still struggle with the "search" function!

We are staying at the Hilton downtown in July. We are planning to take the Grey line bus from SeaTac to the hotel - it looks like it drops off nearby. What is the best way for us to get to the pier 66 (which is where I think NCL leaves from :confused: )? Will we be within walking distance to Pike Place Market or what is the best mode to get there (it is so hard to tell from a map). If we would like to go to a Mariner's game, how do you suggest we get to/from the game? Sounds like a taxi might be tough.

I guess long story short, I am wondering how much is within walking distance to the Hilton? I apologize again if you have already answered these questions :o .

Hotel to pier, taxi, unless you don't mind walking about 1.5 miles downhill with your luggage.

Hotel to the Market, about four blocks downhill to 1st Av, then about 6-8 blocks north to the market.

Game: Walk or bus. Walk about two miles give or take a few hundred feet. Catch 21, 22, 56 or 5 bus on 1st Av going southbound, and get off right across the street from the stadiium. Coming back catch the downtown shuttle in front of the Safe and get off at University and walk back uphill to the hotel.

Teresa: I hear that there are, but, again, since I'm allergic to shellfish, I don't frequent them. I think that someone has mentioned a place in this thread somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. Ivar's on the waterfront is actually better than most of the places in the market, though, from what I hear.

The reviews on Ivars are good. I am just thinking sidewalk style with a cold beer. If you find the info, great, but we have time to research more too. Hope you are feeling better

thanks

The reviews on Ivars are good. I am just thinking sidewalk style with a cold beer. If you find the info, great, but we have time to research more too. Hope you are feeling better

thanks

There are lots of sidewalk/al fresco type cafes downtown and in the market area, but, to get the cold beer, would need to go to one of the bar type places. The Elephant and Castle is close to the Sheraton and they have outdoor dining and PLENTY of different types of beer, and great fish and chips (if that will work for you). From the Sheraton, walk down Pike to 5th Avenue and turn left. It is in the Red Lion Hotel.

Wow....what a great service!!!

We will be arriving approx. 11:30 into Seattle on 6/14....will be staying at the Inn at Queen Ann..could you be so kind as to give me some input regarding

1. most cost effective transportation to get from airport to hotel

2. is Pike Street Market within walking distance or how do I get there?

3. will be returning on Sunday and will do express disembarkation, with a

12:30 afternoon flight...again, please advise the most cost effective yet

quickest way to get to the airport (I would rather sit there than wait for

a bunch of people to load a bus...scary, very scary)

Thanks for all your help!

Karen,

Thanks very much for your help to so many of us. Can't get thru the search system and 42 pages is long. Sorry!

What should the cost be for a taxi ride for two people from Hampton Inn Tukwila (7200 South 156th Street) to Pier 30? This will be on June 22nd (Sunday) to board HAL Westerdam. (I noted the current $2.00 taxi surcharge)

Appreciate your help!

Noreen.

Wow....what a great service!!!

We will be arriving approx. 11:30 into Seattle on 6/14....will be staying at the Inn at Queen Ann..could you be so kind as to give me some input regarding

1. most cost effective transportation to get from airport to hotel

2. is Pike Street Market within walking distance or how do I get there?

3. will be returning on Sunday and will do express disembarkation, with a

12:30 afternoon flight...again, please advise the most cost effective yet

quickest way to get to the airport (I would rather sit there than wait for

a bunch of people to load a bus...scary, very scary)

Thanks for all your help!

For the Inn at Queen Anne, it is probably going to be a taxi, since the Connector for the Gray LIne Airporter does not go anywhere near there.

You COULD walk to the Market, but it would be near 3 miles from the hotel. I suggest going to Queen Anne Av and Mercer Street (very close to the hotel) and catching a 15 or 18 bus, and they will let you out right in front. Going back do the same thing from the opposite side of the street.

Taxi back to the airport from the Pier, as well.

Karen,

Thanks very much for your help to so many of us. Can't get thru the search system and 42 pages is long. Sorry!

What should the cost be for a taxi ride for two people from Hampton Inn Tukwila (7200 South 156th Street) to Pier 30? This will be on June 22nd (Sunday) to board HAL Westerdam. (I noted the current $2.00 taxi surcharge)

Appreciate your help!

Noreen.

Noreen, I work at Marginal and 124th, which is about 25 blocks north from there, and it costs me about $40.00 plus tip to get that distance back into town, so it would be probably about the same, since you would not be going as far.

You are a gift; we're all so lucky!

We had been toying with the idea of a car rental for one day. But it's just about the same as the taxi and w/less hassle. And since Target and Zoopa's are nearby, we'll just explore on foot. Okay, talked myself into it. LOL!

Aloha,

Noreen.

You are a gift; we're all so lucky!

We had been toying with the idea of a car rental for one day. But it's just about the same as the taxi and w/less hassle. And since Target and Zoopa's are nearby, we'll just explore on foot. Okay, talked myself into it. LOL!

Aloha,

Noreen.

Mahalo Nui, and enjoy.

Hey Karen, just wanted to let you know that I've got all my pictures uploaded and my reviews posted. Including my very favorable view of your lovely city. Thanks for all the help and suggestions - they were fabulous.

Hey Karen, just wanted to let you know that I've got all my pictures uploaded and my reviews posted. Including my very favorable view of your lovely city. Thanks for all the help and suggestions - they were fabulous.

Good, which means I will spend some time this weekend delving into all of the above. Thanks much, Ms Wrona.

The State of Washington sells all liquor in this state.

Is that just liquor or all alcohol? Specifically, does the Target by Southcenter sell wine (their website says they do)?

Also, since they are "state store" does this mean liquor prices are less? Finally, are there any liquor stores near/close to Southcenter?

Thanks again for your help.

Is that just liquor or all alcohol? Specifically, does the Target by Southcenter sell wine (their website says they do)?

Also, since they are "state store" does this mean liquor prices are less? Finally, are there any liquor stores near/close to Southcenter?

Thanks again for your help.

You can get beer and SOME wines in the community. Hard liquor and other wines need to be purchased at the state store. Cheaper???? I don't think so.......

SEATTLE

State Store: </STRONG>86SEATAC

18617 INTERNATIONAL BLVD

SEATTLE WA 98188-4233 Mon-Thu 11:00-8:00

Fri-Sat 11:00-10:00

What are the not to miss things with children?

The kids would surely enjoy the newly renovated Aquarium, probably the Maritime Museum down at Pier 66, the Market, the Underground Tour (depending on their ages), and the varying activities at Seattle Center (the Science Center, the EMP/Sci Fi Museum, the Fun Forest, the Children's Museum).

The kids would surely enjoy the newly renovated Aquarium, probably the Maritime Museum down at Pier 66, the Market, the Underground Tour (depending on their ages), and the varying activities at Seattle Center (the Science Center, the EMP/Sci Fi Museum, the Fun Forest, the Children's Museum).

Thanks.

Archived