Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Hi Karen, thanks for all the great information you've provided in this board. Which hotel would you recommend out of these: Grand Hyatt, Westin Hotel, Sheraton Downtown? We want to stay in downtown so that we can walk to sightsee and dine.

All three of them are good, but I prefer in this order: Sheraton, Westin, Hyatt.

Hi There Karen,

It me again...Dan from Texas.

Transportation form Sea-Tac to the Springhill Suites. We have four in the group, each with a large suitcase, one case of wine:D and maybe a couple of carry-ons. What do you suggest? Taxi or other?

Hi There Karen,

It me again...Dan from Texas.

Transportation form Sea-Tac to the Springhill Suites. We have four in the group, each with a large suitcase, one case of wine:D and maybe a couple of carry-ons. What do you suggest? Taxi or other?

I would go with either the Grayline Airport Express, which has a couple of stops nearby via the Connector service:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

or a towncar. You will likely not fit your entire party into one taxi.

Karen, Thanks. I will check into and book car service when we arrive.

So far from all I checked I think a rental car after we get off the ship on May 31st might be the best bet for us.

Do you know the best rental agencies to use? Or to get quotes from?

By the time we pay for the ship tour for 4 plus the bag stoage at airport and then we still have to get a ride to where ever we decide to go. I want to compare these prices.

Thanks for all your help.

I was born and raised in Columbus, til we moved to SoCal in my junior year of high school. And I used to have a lot of family down that way, between Ironton and Lucasville, and across the river on the KY side. Cecil Joe Andre, Charles Michael Andre, Sharon Andre are just a few.

Lucky you...I would have loved the SoCal life had I learned about it sooner. Usually the only reason someone from Columbus hears about little ole Ironton is because of our football team....although the current governor is from our area.

I've booked 2 towncars (we come in on different days) with Already There for the airport to hotel part but since all 5 of us won't fit in a towncar with the luggage, what would you suggest for a Sunday morning 5:30 A.M. ride to the Amtrak station from the Quality Inn on Aurora? The towncars would be $70 for 2 of them so thats not a likely option. I hear the larger taxi's are not real plentiful at that hour.

Lucky you...I would have loved the SoCal life had I learned about it sooner. Usually the only reason someone from Columbus hears about little ole Ironton is because of our football team....although the current governor is from our area.

I've booked 2 towncars (we come in on different days) with Already There for the airport to hotel part but since all 5 of us won't fit in a towncar with the luggage, what would you suggest for a Sunday morning 5:30 A.M. ride to the Amtrak station from the Quality Inn on Aurora? The towncars would be $70 for 2 of them so thats not a likely option. I hear the larger taxi's are not real plentiful at that hour.

You're talking about approximately a three mile taxi ride, give or take a few thousand feet. Just call two of them. You might need to hold some of your carry ons in your lap if the trunk is overburdened, but it shouldn't cost you more than about $10 per cab if they go straight down 5th Av.

We are arriving 8/13/09 for cruise 8/15/09. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 15 and 11) and are interested in a leisurely, scenic bike ride, preferably along a bike path in or near Seattle. Do you have a suggestion of where to ride and where to rent bicycles? Thanks

We are arriving 8/13/09 for cruise 8/15/09. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 15 and 11) and are interested in a leisurely, scenic bike ride, preferably along a bike path in or near Seattle. Do you have a suggestion of where to ride and where to rent bicycles? Thanks

To ride, Burke Gilman trail in the Fremont/University District areas. To rent bikes.......*scratches head*......

This one is in the U District

http://www.montlakebike.com/

This one is on Alki Beach in West Seattle

http://www.wheelfunrentals.com/listlocations/104

And this one is a general informational page on bike rentals in SEA:

http://www.cascade.org/Community/rental.cfm

I could not find the subject on the moved port facilities 90/91 for HAL. I understand that their are Transit stops near there and it looks walkable into town. Will Gray line still have transfers to the downtown area? Comments please:)

I could not find the subject on the moved port facilities 90/91 for HAL. I understand that their are Transit stops near there and it looks walkable into town. Will Gray line still have transfers to the downtown area? Comments please:)

There are no transit stops nearby (the closest ones are up on the bridge high above the Terminal). It is walkable into downtown if you don't mind a 3 mile walk pulling or carrying luggage.

And Grayline only runs transfers to and from the airport to Terminal 91.

Hi! This is awesome of you to answer questions for people like this for all these years! Thanks!

We are coming to Seattle in May after a cruise to Alaska. We are thinking about going to a Mariner game and staying at the Artic Hotel as it appears to be fairly close to the ball field. How is this hotel and is it the closest to the field or is there another hotel you would recommend within easy walking distance? Thanks and have a great day!

Debbie

Hi! This is awesome of you to answer questions for people like this for all these years! Thanks!

We are coming to Seattle in May after a cruise to Alaska. We are thinking about going to a Mariner game and staying at the Artic Hotel as it appears to be fairly close to the ball field. How is this hotel and is it the closest to the field or is there another hotel you would recommend within easy walking distance? Thanks and have a great day!

Debbie

The Arctic is undergoing some financial upheaval,and downgrade from **** to *** hotel. I would recommend the Silver Cloud Stadium, which is right across the street from Safeco Field. Reasonable prices and only two years old.

Hi evryone. First trip to Seattle. I will be staying at the Travelodge-Sea Tac Airport North. They have a complimentary pick up to their Hotel. They said to go to the 3rd floor Parking Garage where we will be picked up. Can anyone tell me from the baggage claim if it is fairly easy to find. Also my 2 daughters, (17 and 22), and I are going on an Alaska cruise May 10th. Does anyone have any recommendations on any excursions in which we all will enjoy. I am thinking of also doing the dog sleigh excursion. It is about $500/person. Has anyone done it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks,

John

Hi evryone. First trip to Seattle. I will be staying at the Travelodge-Sea Tac Airport North. They have a complimentary pick up to their Hotel. They said to go to the 3rd floor Parking Garage where we will be picked up. Can anyone tell me from the baggage claim if it is fairly easy to find. Also my 2 daughters, (17 and 22), and I are going on an Alaska cruise May 10th. Does anyone have any recommendations on any excursions in which we all will enjoy. I am thinking of also doing the dog sleigh excursion. It is about $500/person. Has anyone done it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks,

John

Check out the Alaska board. lots of info tere, just do a search with dog sledding it the search and lots will come up.

Can't help with more, as this May is out first trip too. Just have a back up plan as I have read the dog sled excursions get cancelled a lot.

Thanks,

John

There is an elevator right in the baggage claim area that will take you right to the skybridge that goes to the ground transportation area in the parking garage.

When we get back from our alaska cruise our plane doesn't leave until 10pm.can we check our luggage in early so we don't have to carry it all day?

Also where is the stadium where the Seahawks play? if they are in town that Sunday, we may go see a game

Last question, is there anything entertaining to do around SEA/TAC if there isn't a game and we need to be occupied for the day?

thanks!!!!!!

When we get back from our alaska cruise our plane doesn't leave until 10pm.can we check our luggage in early so we don't have to carry it all day?

Also where is the stadium where the Seahawks play? if they are in town that Sunday, we may go see a game

Last question, is there anything entertaining to do around SEA/TAC if there isn't a game and we need to be occupied for the day?

thanks!!!!!!

You can check your luggage at Ken's at SEA-Tac for the day.

QWest Field is just south of Pioneer Square on 1st Av. The Hawks' 2009 schedule has not been announced yet, but, since the Mariners are out of town that day, it is reasonable to assume that the Hawks will be IN town and playing.

You can check your luggage at Ken's at SEA-Tac for the day.

QWest Field is just south of Pioneer Square on 1st Av. The Hawks' 2009 schedule has not been announced yet, but, since the Mariners are out of town that day, it is reasonable to assume that the Hawks will be IN town and playing.

Where can I find the sports schedule to see if there's any going on the days we're in Seattle. 5/22. 5/23, 5/24 and 5/31.

Thanks

Where can I find the sports schedule to see if there's any going on the days we're in Seattle. 5/22. 5/23, 5/24 and 5/31.

Thanks

Here you go

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=sea&m=5&y=2009

The Mariners are at home against San Francisco the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th but away the 31st.

I've booked Howard Johnsons Seatac on Pacific Highway. They had a great price for military for the night we needed, so I booked it. I can cancel up to 24 hours before if need be. The reviews are very mixed. It seems the hotel was something else and HOJO bought it and made some renovations. Most of the reviews are from last year. Does anyone have any more current reviews? I would love to hear them!

Here you go

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=sea&m=5&y=2009

The Mariners are at home against San Francisco the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th but away the 31st.

Thanks, so if I understand correct traffic will be worst on the 22nd ,23rd and 24th :eek: And also that folk festival is in Seattle those some dates, correct??:confused:

Seems like we picked a bad weekend to sail out of Seattle. Traffic & crowd wise that is.

Archived