soda card cost

Sass4

Can more than one child share a soda card? We have 4 teenagers going and thought we would buy 2 cards......

You will get many opinions on this, some nice, some not so nice. The cards are per person... that is all I'm going to say on this matter :p

Can more than one child share a soda card? We have 4 teenagers going and thought we would buy 2 cards......

What two kids will get the soda at dinner time?

We never got the soda card for our kids. they cost way too much.

On Carnival there was enough to drink- Iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch. Mixed the tea with lemonade and fruit punch for different flavors.

First cruise we took 12 packs for each of the kids-- which more then half was not gone by the end of the cruise.

If you buy a soda (2.01 with tax I believe) do you get the whole can, or just a glass? If I have a soda card can I ask for the can? If we have 4 people cruising, can we each bring a small cooler? I was just planning on getting soda cards for my family as we are big soda drinkers, but with all of the info I am reading about only getting a glass and sometimes flat at that and the crew not being happy to serve people with cards I am considering just bringing as much soda on board as I can. Anyone have any good ideas on how to pack soda to get a lot of it on board?

If you buy a soda (2.01 with tax I believe) do you get the whole can, or just a glass?

Your $2 will get you the whole can. The soda card gets you one glass of soda (which varies from bar to bar - from really small to big enough to fit a whole can) at a time. The bartenders will use what cans they have open first (from making rum & cokes, etc) and keep topping up until your glass is full. So yes, sometimes it's flat. If it is, just go to the next bar & try again.

If I have a soda card can I ask for the can?

You can ask, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If we have 4 people cruising, can we each bring a small cooler?

Carnival's FAQ is a little unclear. You might want to get a larger collapsable cooler, put it in your checked bag & open and fill it once on board -

I was just planning on getting soda cards for my family as we are big soda drinkers, but with all of the info I am reading about only getting a glass and sometimes flat at that and the crew not being happy to serve people with cards I am considering just bringing as much soda on board as I can.

I didn't have any problems with servers or bartenders being happy - but I've also heard it happens. If you're getting served by the same server for more than a couple of rounds (ie: at the shows, go to one particular bar), you could throw a couple of dollars their way with your last drink.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to pack soda to get a lot of it on board?

Haven't done it personally, but I've read of people successfully putting luggage tags on cases and checking it in that way.

Enjoy your cruise! For us, the card was worth avoiding the hassle of lugging it onboard

When we went on our cruise I bought a roll on cooler that would fold up in the suitcase. I didn't drink all the soda that I took for the week (just dh and myself) so I left the extra soda in the cabin. This cruise my DS will be with us so I will purchase a soda card for him.;)

I have "checked" 12 pks of soda and 24 pks of water with the porters at the pier. Just slap a luggage tag on them and they will arrive at our cabin. I carry a soft side cooler (bought it on a cruise filled with beer at the pool) The Steward keeps it full of ice (on the floor in the head so you don't get water on the carpet) No Problem !

If we have 4 people cruising, can we each bring a small cooler?

when i sailed with the kids we each carried on a 12 pack of pepsi.

Was surprised that by the end of the week we all still had more then half of it left. Remember there is iced tea/lemonade and fruit punch all for free.

Archived