recipe

crusinsusan

I have the recipe at home in my Carnival Cookbook. If I don't partake of too many drinks from my Carnival Drink Recipe book tonight, and can remember, I'll post the recipe from home. If I sample too many drinks, it may take a day or two. If anyone else has the recipe handy, feel free to post.:D

I have the one in the Carnival recipe book, too, but it's for about 200 people! JoeBat, who used to post on this board, emailed me the recipe scaled down for a normal sized batch. If Kay gives you the 200 serving one, maybe I can find the normal one, and you can compare. Delish ....

Here's the recipe I pulled off the net.... serves 15 people

ROASTED PUMPKIN SOUP

From Michael Wisdom (Sous Chef)

2-1/2 Quarts Chicken Stock

1/2 Pound Onion, quarters

5-2/3 Ounces Leek, chunks

1-1/8 Ounces Garlic Clove

3-3/8 Tbsp Olive Oil

1-2/3 Cups Half and Half

1/4 Cup Heavy Cream

5/8 Ounce Chicken Base

1-1/4 Pounds Pumpkin Puree, roasted

Salt and Pepper to taste

Dash Nutmeg

Roast onions, leeks and garlic cloves in olive oil in a preheated oven at 300 degrees Farenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove and puree in blender.

Bring stock, pumpkin puree, pureed vegetables and chicken base to boil. Simmer for 45 minutes.

Add Half & Half and simmer.

Season with salt & pepper.

Finish with heavy cream.

Top with nutmeg.

This recipe serves 15 people.

Hey Judy, fancy meeting you here. I'll look tonight and see which recipe I have. I think it did serve a lot of people but I'm not positive. We just bought the book back in January and it was supposed to be the "new edition". (right) We will know in a few hours when I get home.:)

Hi, Jon & Nancy: Looks like you are "Valor" freaks for this year. Let me know how you like the ship, because we might like to do her in the fall 2005. We're sailing the Destiny in a few weeks with Bev & Jim and another couple we met on the Paradise, Steve & Connie. Looking forward to Aruba!

Susan: Let me know if you're interested in a weight watcher version of this soup, because I'm a WW leader and I've found two that I think I'll try in the next couple of weeks. Judy

Archived