Discover Mexico?

peanutzmom

We're planning on spending most of our Cozumel day at Paradise Beach, but I was thinking of taking the kids (8 & 10) to the new "Discover Mexico" museum first. Has anyone been there yet? What is it like? How much does it cost to get in, and is it worth it? Thanks!

Someone posted recently that it's an extraordinary display and very well done. I intended to take my brother and sister-in-law to that attraction but they were lazy the one day they were here and only wanted to "eat & visit". I am sorry we missed it based on the reviews I've read and comments heard locally.

We're planning on spending most of our Cozumel day at Paradise Beach, but I was thinking of taking the kids (8 & 10) to the new "Discover Mexico" museum first. Has anyone been there yet? What is it like? How much does it cost to get in, and is it worth it? Thanks!

I had arranged to take my brother and sister-in-law there when they had their day in Cozumel. They were lazy and just wanted to go to a Cozumel restaurant for Mexican food and "visit". From the reviews I've read and the local comments I've heard, I am very sorry we did not do this tour. According to what I hear, it's a very well done project that reveals a great deal of Mexican history and most especially the Yucatan and Mayan cultures.

My husband and I were in Cozumel last week, and we visited Discover Mexico. We were docked at the Punta Langosta pier and paid $6 for the taxi to Discover Mexico. Entry was $20 a person - not sure if it would be less for children. Also, my husband paid with a $50 bill and received pesos in change. Our guide was very friendly, and we enjoyed our tour. The first 45 minutes or so was inside and consisted of Mexican art pieces. The next part of the tour was outside, and it was replicas of some of the famous sites in Mexico. We found it very interesting, but I don't really know if kids would enjoy it. Have a great cruise!

We are looking at doing this when we are in Cozumel in a few weeks. I have written down that it is $20 for adults and $10 for kids. Here's a link to their webpage, if you haven't seen it already: http://www.discovermexico.org/ Our kids are 7 and 10, and I think they will enjoy it. Good luck with your decision!

Archived