A Cruise Wedding Question

JamsN4

We are planning a Eastern Caribbean family cruise- 7/26/08 on Liberty. My sister's fiance is wanting to use this opportunity to marry his sweetheart and asked for my help. I was searching wedding packages on Carnival and it seems to me like we should be able to do this marriage without the additional $1,000 (everyone has already purchased cruise tix). Is there a way they can get around the wedding package purchase? They are not looking for anything lavish, just a simple vow exchange and celebration with family- they have been together for upteen million years...

Fedback, suggestions, help ??? Thanks :)

Judy

as far as I know there isn't a way to get around the package, we're getting married on the victory in may. Plus, I don't think it matters if the other guests are passengers, if they choose the "just the bride and groom" package, they'll still be able to only have 6 guests.

I think it's a very economical way to get married, as all their packages include a lot of the things that would cost more when planning you typical wedding. Even if you get the biggest package and have all the guests and receptiona nd such, it's so much cheaper than doing it back home with a reception.

If you don't want to do a shipboard wedding, why not have your ceremony at the beach with a notary. You could have a very early ceremony on the beach then head over to the ship and party on there. You can arrange for a cocktail party for a fee or just have your own party at one of the bars on board and everyone buy their own drinks. There are ways around paying the cruiseline for the wedding and this is an option. There are some pretty areas in Ft. Lauderdale (if the ship will still be sailing from there) that would be perfect for a quick wedding. If your guest can come in the night prior, you can do a sunrise wedding. It's different and beautiful site to see anyway.

Good luck!

If you don't want to do a shipboard wedding, why not have your ceremony at the beach.

my wife and I did that using Carnival's wedding dept. We got married in St. Thomas. The license was handled through the St. Thomas "City Hall" offices. When the ship arrived, we went to "city hall" and signed the documents, then had a beach/pool side ceremony at Emerald Bay Resort. It was romantic. Then we went back to the ship for our "honeymoon". When we got back home, we had a cocktail reception for family and friends who weren't with us.

Carnival arranged it, and it was a little more pricey because we used a ship photographer and videographer, and they made an album for us, and a video. It was nice.

It was exactly what we wanted.

There are some pretty areas in Ft. Lauderdale (if the ship will still be sailing from there) that would be perfect for a quick wedding. If your guest can come in the night prior, you can do a sunrise wedding. It's different and beautiful site to see anyway.

Good luck!

I love the idea of a sunrise beach wedding, my hats off to ya. That is some great out of the box thinking.

Hi Judy! Welcome to CC!

Hope they have a great wedding no matter what they decide! I don't have any wedding advice, but just wanted to let you know that we have a pretty big group from Cruise Critic sailing that date - come on over to our roll call and chat with us! You don't have to be booked with us to come chat.:D We have a great bunch of people going - we've been chatting for almost a year now and can't wait for 7/26!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=542954

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are renewing our vows in St. Lucia on 4.17 off the Destiny. Anyone do this or know any great companies in St. Lucia? Looking for reviews. I have contacted some places but its like picking in a game of chance lol..

Thanks

Hey, I just noticed you are in Tampa , me too!!! And we both joined Cruise Critic in 2003...

I am sailing on the Liberty 7/26/2008, we have a CC group going..

Very cool. Yes, we are stationed at macdill afb. I joined before my first cruise- I come and go and lately been MIA b/c we had to cancel the last 3 attempts but not this time.... I cant wait 38 days!!!!

I live in Beach Park, not to far from MacDill , do you live in South Tampa?

I sailed on the Destiny last summer out of San Juan.

I am on the base... so yes, as far south in tampa as one can get :)

I am finally doing the destiny. I did the Victory with the kids and what a mess. The kids club was great to them but closing every couple hours - sucked for us... we needed a vacation from a vacation after that one. This time just he and I - vow renewal and lots of fun... Grandma is flying to watch the boys :)

I am on the base... so yes, as far south in tampa as one can get :)

I am finally doing the destiny. I did the Victory with the kids and what a mess. The kids club was great to them but closing every couple hours - sucked for us... we needed a vacation from a vacation after that one. This time just he and I - vow renewal and lots of fun... Grandma is flying to watch the boys :)

Great, I know you will have a blast, if you want to chat click on my links below and come over to our forum and chat with us.

Good luck , have a blast !!!!

We're going on a cruise in a month for our friends who are also getting married. They're not going through Carnival. They're going to St. Thomas to Lime Tree Beach and doing it all with St. Thomas vendors. They're also going to treat their wedding guests that night to Harry's Supper Club.

Also my father in law renewed his vows with his wife for their 30th anniversary for only $300...and that was just the captain marrying them with not "extras" really. So you could do that and the supper club? Just another thought.

i did something simular in the summer, i booked my cruise thru princess(because it was the only one going to hawaii and tahiti) we got married on Maui but we didnt book directly with the cruise we got our own wedding planner saved alot of money and got everything we wanted then when we came back from the cruise we did the whole church thing with a party for my husbands family....

I love the idea of a sunrise beach wedding, my hats off to ya. That is some great out of the box thinking.

I like that too, but here's another crazy option!

Since you have a few months, would anyone in the family be willing to become an ordained minister and perform the wedding?

Archived