Jade staying overseas anyone heard anything

catlady461

Is anyone going to cancel their reservation, and go on the Gem? I can see that selling out fairly quickly. I would hate to hold on to this cruise, and not be notified til it is too late to get on the Gem. I guess I should ask, how long will you wait to find out?

I am not sure that this is fact or not, and will likely wait until an announcement is made. I am pretty flexible with my schedule this far out, so that's not a biggy. I can sure understand why you would choose to switch at this point, because I think the Gem will sell out quickly if this does happen.

Cruizin this thread pertains to the possible rumor that the Jade will stay in Europe for 2009 rather than returning to do it's currently scheduled Carribean run starting in Dec. 2008 as announced in the press release from a week or two ago.

So for folks like me who have a cruises that would be affected by this change, they are not going to be happy. I booked the repo cruise from Barcelona to NYC. So if the Jade stays in Europe, there will be no repo cruise, and no Caribbean cruise.. Does that make sense?

You know..this is very disconcerting....first the Spirit changes and now hearing this........we were looking forward to the Jade 100% more than the Spirit...they changed the Spirit to a lousy itinerary...but we are making the best of it..a cruise is a cruise:rolleyes: ....... and the Jade has a great one...so the Jade out of NYC was really something to look forward to. If these are rumors....... great...if they are true..I want to find something on another cruise line....we will be done with NCL....especailly during holiday week, where the prices and room will fill up fast!!

if they are true..I want to find something on another cruise line....we will be done with NCL....especailly during holiday week, where the prices and room will fill up fast!![/i]

You might want to consider booking something to set your mind at ease. Then if this turns out to be true, you're set. If this turns out to be much ado about nothing, just cancel the new backup booking and get a refund.

You might want to consider booking something to set your mind at ease. Then if this turns out to be true, you're set. If this turns out to be much ado about nothing, just cancel the new backup booking and get a refund.

Guess we have some looking to do........not a bad idea...as a teacher with children on the same calendar, it is the only time besides summer and other vacations....we always plan around them!! Thanks for the advice!:)

Guess we have some looking to do........not a bad idea...as a teacher with children on the same calendar, it is the only time besides summer and other vacations....we always plan around them!! Thanks for the advice!:)

No problem-I hope it works out. Hopefully the second set of deposits won't be too big an obstacle.

take care

You know..this is very disconcerting....first the Spirit changes and now hearing this........we were looking forward to the Jade 100% more than the Spirit...they changed the Spirit to a lousy itinerary...but we are making the best of it..a cruise is a cruise:rolleyes: ....... and the Jade has a great one...so the Jade out of NYC was really something to look forward to. If these are rumors....... great...if they are true..I want to find something on another cruise line....we will be done with NCL....especailly during holiday week, where the prices and room will fill up fast!!

I am sailing on the same two sailings you are. I thanked NCL for bringing the Jade to NY after my letter of disappointment regarding the Spirit. I also was looking forward to my Jade sailing 100% more than the Spirit. Great itinerary ,10 days on a great ship. I already have an alternative plan, because itinerary is the most important thing for me so I need a great itinerary next April, since this April's itinerary is NOT what I booked.

Just to make some people have something to talk about:

Since the Spirit intinerary change ruined my life :rolleyes: and the possibility of the Jade not coming to New York put me into depression :rolleyes: - I AM NEVER SAILING NCL AGAIN - I hope that brought you some amusement!:mad:

Hi-

I buy chance came upon your thread and thought I´d share the following info-I was recently looking for a cruise for the period between April and June.I seriously contemplated taking the April 23rd cruise on the NCL Jade (12 days including Egypt and Turkey) and a Greek cruise on the gem.These cruises are being offered for 2008.Just check out the discount cruise sites on the web and you can confirm this.Good luck to all-Kim

The Adventure of the Seas has a GREAT itinerary - Aruba, Curc, St Thomas and St Maarten. In my opinion those are my favorites islands. I am a Diamond member with RCCL and I got a balcony for a great rate. Go check it out as an alternative. I know it would be easier to go out of NYC, but with this particular cruise we have alot of time to find an alternative and airfare is still not out.

I guess it is a wait & see approach right now. I was also booked on the Spirit for July 26th when they changed the itinerary; I cancelled for the Jade in March 2009. I read this & I just thought someone would know something but NCL is claiming right now it is a rumor. Guess I'll wait; there is plenty of time until March. Really want to leave out of New York with NCL. Hopefully there will be some news soon.

The Adventure of the Seas has a GREAT itinerary - Aruba, Curc, St Thomas and St Maarten. In my opinion those are my favorites islands. I am a Diamond member with RCCL and I got a balcony for a great rate. Go check it out as an alternative. I know it would be easier to go out of NYC, but with this particular cruise we have alot of time to find an alternative and airfare is still not out.

That is a great intinerary too....we were really looking forward to taking the kids to St. Kitts...they would love the monkeys on the beach!!! We were there without them several cruises ago!! It is hard to find a cruise with St. Kitts during a time (Other than summer)...but I will check out your option...great ports......but possibly wait on a deposit until we get further information from NCL....yeah right!;) It is so much easier to go out of New York and not have to fly!! We are Latitudes members but perhaps it is time to take a look at some other options!!:) Perhaps we will meet up on one of our sailings!!

PS. Hope you enjoyed your "just back" from vacation!! You missed all the snow!

That is a great intinerary too....we were really looking forward to taking the kids to St. Kitts...they would love the monkeys on the beach!!! We were there without them several cruises ago!! It is hard to find a cruise with St. Kitts during a time (Other than summer)...but I will check out your option...great ports......but possibly wait on a deposit until we get further information from NCL....yeah right!;) It is so much easier to go out of New York and not have to fly!! We are Latitudes members but perhaps it is time to take a look at some other options!!:) Perhaps we will meet up on one of our sailings!!

PS. Hope you enjoyed your "just back" from vacation!! You missed all the snow!

We came back to the snow;)

It was a nice relaxing 10 days away. We will meet up on the Spirit. We can only wait to see what happens to this now.:rolleyes:

Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Largest Ever European Deployment

I just got off the phone with NCL.. she claims the Jade is NOT staying in Europe and my trip..1-25 is just fine.. so heres to hoping she is right!

Rahi, why didn't you say that this news headline was dated April 16 2007 ??

On re-reading Rahi's NCL press release, I come up with the following interpretation:

The Jade will be in Europe from March to November 30, when she comes back to the US. We are booked on that TA cruise from Barcelona to New York. So far so good.

During her posting in Europe she will make a "unique mix of 12-, 13- and 14-day Eastern and Western Mediterranean cruises". After those cruises she will move to Southampton and cruise the northern waters of the Atlantic (instead of the usual Baltic cruises). I cannot envision her staying in Europe for the winter. Those 15 passengers (if NCL is lucky to get that many) would freeze their tushes off. I have spent the first 24 miserable winters of my life in North Germany, thank you. I'll come back with the Jade in November. That's my take on the release.

In any case, we booked our Nov 30 TA cruise last August, and I am not a bit worried. NCL may not always do what we wish they'd do, but they are not stupid.

OK, I'm off my soap box.

On re-reading Rahi's NCL press release, I come up with the following interpretation:

The Jade will be in Europe from March to November 30, when she comes back to the US. We are booked on that TA cruise from Barcelona to New York. So far so good.

During her posting in Europe she will make a "unique mix of 12-, 13- and 14-day Eastern and Western Mediterranean cruises". After those cruises she will move to Southampton and cruise the northern waters of the Atlantic (instead of the usual Baltic cruises). I cannot envision her staying in Europe for the winter. Those 15 passengers (if NCL is lucky to get that many) would freeze their tushes off. I have spent the first 24 miserable winters of my life in North Germany, thank you. I'll come back with the Jade in November. That's my take on the release.

In any case, we booked our Nov 30 TA cruise last August, and I am not a bit worried. NCL may not always do what we wish they'd do, but they are not stupid.

OK, I'm off my soap box.

Jay "if" and it still is a big if the Jade stays in Europe it will move to the Med. like the Brillance of the Seas which by the way is also staying on the other side of the pond

Ship Name: Brilliance Of The Seas

Departure Port: Barcelona, Spain

Ports of Call: Barcelona, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Lanzarote, Canary Islands; Tenerife, Canary Islands; Casablanca, Morocco; Seville (Cadiz), Spain; Barcelona, Spain

2009 Date(s): Jan 16

Bigdog49 -

I agree that she'll come back down to the Med in late summer and cruise there until . . .

a. November 30, to head back to NYC with DW and me on board, or

b. next spring, which I seriously doubt.

I guess we shall see. Until I hear differently and officially from NCL, I'll do an Alfred E. Newman of Mad Magazine: What, me worry?

I'm glad I have an alternative plan. Like stated before I feel like I do not have any luck with booking with NCL. As a Platinum latitudes member I am very disappointed. In a 3 week period my Spirit cruise was changed and now the Jade looks like it will be cancelled. There is no way I am doing the 7 night itinerary on the Gem. So NCL is losing me for that week. They should think twice before booking so far in advance!:mad:

I called NCL and the rep was unale to accept a booking for my Jade Transatlantic repo Nov. 30th, I asked her to try some of the Caribbean Cruises in Decmber on the Jade as well, and no cigar. It was obvious she had no idea why. Oh man! this is going to be a very bad deal on my cruise. Airfare between the U.S. and Barcelona is pretty hefty right now. If anyone has to eat that cost they are going to be pretty PO'd

First the Spirit drama, and now this! Oh well I guess I am going on a land cruise to Europe, there are worse things! But now I have to buy return airfare grrrr! It does stink doesn't it!

Family I am glad you had a back up plan. I hope you have a blast! Where is A O S going? Maybe I'll join you.

I called NCL and the rep was unale to accept a booking for my Jade Transatlantic repo Nov. 30th, I asked her to try some of the Caribbean Cruises in Decmber on the Jade as well, and no cigar. It was obvious she had no idea why. Oh man! this is going to be a very bad deal on my cruise. Airfare between the U.S. and Barcelona is pretty hefty right now. If anyone has to eat that cost they are going to be pretty PO'd

First the Spirit drama, and now this! Oh well I guess I am going on a land cruise to Europe, there are worse things! But now I have to buy return airfare grrrr! It does stink doesn't it!

Family I am glad you had a back up plan. I hope you have a blast! Where is A O S going? Maybe I'll join you.

I didn't realize you already have your airfare.:mad: PLEASE tell me what NCL does for you. I would think you can cruise in Europe on the Jade and maybe they will pay for your return home????:confused: I would be interested , so please keep me posted. You may luck out again! Your repo worked out before too - for me I have had enough. I truely hate that I am going on the Spirit with an itinerary that I am not happy with, and now this, NCL helped me decide what to do next year. It is unfortunate ,because I cruise so much that things like this really turn you off. Especially when they happen back to back.

Please keep me informed. Thanks

Oh Family whats funny is I have a Villa in Tuscany booked as well. We were going to stay there for a week precruise and use it as a base to go tour Italy and France and then take the train to Barcelona to catch the ship. Honestly I think I am just going to go and extend the trip to Europe and spend some time in Belgium visiting d/h's relatives. It will be fine...eventually.

Oh Family whats funny is I have a Villa in Tuscany booked as well. We were going to stay there for a week precruise and use it as a base to go tour Italy and France and then take the train to Barcelona to catch the ship. Honestly I think I am just going to go and extend the trip to Europe and spend some time in Belgium visiting d/h's relatives. It will be fine...eventually.

Very nice trip! Having school aged children we have limitations when and where we can travel. I am jealous, it sounds great.

Fam I understand completely! My kiddos are 5 and 7. If I didn't have the luxury of being self - employed and homeschooling, I'd be beating the same drum.

Hey did you see that girl posting about how much empathy she has shown to those who got hosed on the Spirit fiasco... When was that? lol! She and her friends have about as much compassion and kindness as Atilla the Hun.

I saw a lot of what was written and there was a lot there, but I sure didn't see anything even close to empathy.

Archived