Would these be appropriate for dinner?

sassy0930

On John Heald's blog I saw that there are new dress standards being tested on his ship. It says no beach flip flops.... I would say that is the rubber version. These are not even close to that! They are a casual sandal that happens to have a thingy between the toes! (technical term).

Check this new code out though. The new code includes dress shorts and jeans on casual nights!:rolleyes: Hey! Whatever you like! If you want something different check out the rules on another line! I am watching the thread started tonight on it...it is gonna get interesting! :eek:

Personally, I think you should wear what you want on your vacation...make yourself comfortable. Many of the skimpy, ill fitting atrocities that entertain on the Promenade are way worse!

Not everyone is cut out to wear the same thing. It should not make or break someone else's vacation nor limit dining options! Just my two cents, and it isn't even worth that!!!

Seems some will be offended by how any one dresses. I am cruising to have fun not impress others. I own about 90% blue jeans but will leave them behind. I own one suit and thought it would be worn again to bury me. It is a heavy winter style so I will get a dinner jacket and slacks for formal nights. But the rest of the time I will be in shorts and sandals except for dinner. If we go to the dinning room I will wear longer slacks or velcro legs on the shorts. My point is go and have fun. I am sure you will be advised if you should not wear something to dinner. My guess is they will not make a big scene over it and embarrass you. You certainly are not going on a cruise to make a fashion statement and impress the other passengers. I certainly would not go in debt over a cruise. ;)

Sassy - those are great.

KroozNut - what do recommend? Just Curious.....

I recommend following Carnival's published guidelines, rather than inquiring on these boards what is appropriate or not.

Clearly, by reading this thread alone; one will get opinions all over the board about what is or is not appropriate, and none of it is the definitive guidance..

On John Heald's blog I saw that there are new dress standards being tested on his ship. It says no beach flip flops.... I would say that is the rubber version. These are not even close to that! They are a casual sandal that happens to have a thingy between the toes! (technical term).

Check this new code out though. The new code includes dress shorts and jeans on casual nights!:rolleyes: Hey! Whatever you like! If you want something different check out the rules on another line! I am watching the thread started tonight on it...it is gonna get interesting! :eek:

Personally, I think you should wear what you want on your vacation...make yourself comfortable. Many of the skimpy, ill fitting atrocities that entertain on the Promenade are way worse!

Not everyone is cut out to wear the same thing. It should not make or break someone else's vacation nor limit dining options! Just my two cents, and it isn't even worth that!!!

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't really me brother how people are dressed, it's not going to make or break my experience. Makes for good dinner conversation.

You can read it just as well as I can..

Yep and it says nothing about the shoes. Especially, the shoes mentioned in this thread. They have a back to them??????!!!!!!

So as I asked before....what do you recommend or what do you typically wear to the dining room?

Also, why does this upset you so much?

Yep and it says nothing about the shoes. Especially, the shoes mentioned in this thread. They have a back to them??????!!!!!!

So as I asked before....what do you recommend or what do you typically wear to the dining room?

Also, why does this upset you so much?

Okay, okay the shoes are fine.. Can I say uncle? I have a distinct feeling that I am clearly outmatched AND outnumbered in ths debate!! ; )

P.S. And I'm not really upset.. ; )

Oookay truce:) You should know better then to mess with a women's shoe:p

Whew...thanks!! And you're right, I should know better than to get into a debate about women's shoes!

My DW must have at least 50 pairs of shoes in the closet, some still in the box; and probably wears maybe 4-5 pair on a regular basis. But they're all her favorites, mind you.. LOL!!

I don't even try to debate this topic with her, it's a losing battle every time; so yes, I should have known! ; )

Can we talk about men's shoes now??

Whew...thanks!! And you're right, I should know better than to get into a debate about women's shoes!

My DW must have at least 50 pairs of shoes in the closet, some still in the box; and probably wears maybe 4-5 pair on a regular basis. But they're all her favorites, mind you.. LOL!!

I don't even try to debate this topic with her, it's a losing battle every time; so yes, I should have known! ; )

Can we talk about men's shoes now??

The only thing to be said about men's shoes is: do NOT wear black socks with your sandals!!! :D

The old curmudgeon of the fashion police says your little strappy sandals are great and dressy enough for casual nights, for sure. With the right outfit, they might work for formal nights.

Doc (professional grump)

Archived