Back From Jewel Today!

2boyzmom

Yup- we returned to 8 inches of snow on the ground, tan, fat and happy. I'll give you a quick synopsis of the trip- We have cruised about 8 times, mid 40's couple with 2 kids age 6 and 6:

Pre-cruise night at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport- booked through hotwire for $69.00 and was pleasently surprised due to alot of negative reviews. Clean, very nice Staff and kids eat free plus free shuttle from airort and to the cruise port!

Embarkation- arrived at 11:30, strted boarding at 11:45 and on board by 12:15 poolside :) Rooms were ready at 1:00. Cruise Director Jimmy was a hoot and has just returned from appendectomy in Antigua. Thank You Adele for the nice meet and greet!

Cabin- #11154 aft mini suite. Noise was non existant. Never heard a peep from the Great Outdoors above and was a perfect location for a late night cookie run upstairs. We are now totally hooked on the aft experience!!!

Ports: Samana- Cayo Lev. Beach was very nice. Blue water and a nice day.

Tortola- we rented a jeep on our own and had a blast going to beaches completed secluded with a few people only (Apple Bay, Smugglers Cove).

Antigua- rented a car and was literally the only people on one beach we went to on the east side of the island (Half Moon Bay). It was like were in a dream...

Barbados- Booked private snorkel and turtle experience with Stephen from Thriller Tours. Unfortunately Stephen was stuck in MIami but had his Dad meet us and set us up with another boat. It was us and only one other couple- fantastic!

St.Lucia- Pirate Trip with NCL- kids loved it! Book this early necause it sold out months in advance.

Booze Smugglers - Naughty room was packed with suitcases but not us with our rum runners :)

Made it without a hitch!

Food- Tepanyaki- great

Mamas- great

Chin Chin -great

LeBistro-OK- I miss the fondue

Azura- fair and loud- lacks atmosphere

Tsars - had a great last meal with a nice Staff.

Kids Club- the boys could'nt wait to go everyday :)

Negative Comments about this trip- ice was never in ice bucket in room- pet peeve- we had to ask everyday. Not bad that this is my only complaint!

Hmm- other than that- great!!!

sad to say we will be leaving NCL and going on RCCL next year for Panama Canal.

Thanks for posting!

We will be on the Jewel at the end of March, so I like all the info I can get!!

What age groups were your kids in for kids club? (Woops, just saw the kids are 6)

What types of activities did they do?

Glad you had a good time!

:)

Hi, I am happy you had a great cruise!!!!! Did you take pictures of your cabin????? I am in one very similar to yours. Maybe yours. 11156 and 11154. We have a group and wanted the adjoining. I was fighting the aft experience, but the rest wanted it and it is nice to see you loved it. I hope I love it. Thank you for your review! My boys are 1 year older and younger than yours and they love kids creew too!!!!!

Hi, I am happy you had a great cruise!!!!! Did you take pictures of your cabin????? I am in one very similar to yours. Maybe yours. 11156 and 11154. We have a group and wanted the adjoining. I was fighting the aft experience, but the rest wanted it and it is nice to see you loved it. I hope I love it. Thank you for your review! My boys are 1 year older and younger than yours and they love kids creew too!!!!!

Hi Dale!

Nice review!

We had ice every day, but not a lot of it. :rolleyes: Doug would ask for more if the stewards were still in the hall, steal ice from the kids room, or in a pinch, run up to the buffet for cups of ice. :o

It was great meeting you! :D

Archived