Mama's Fish House in Maui

LegalCat

I'm wondering if any one has gone here... or if any one can help me... We are interested in going for dinner on our May 31 PoAm cruise... we have overnight in Maui, dont leave until 2 pm the next day... The restaurant is located at Mile Marker 8 on the Hana Highway... the website is here: http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Very good food, but make reservations asap and request a table with a view. I have been a few times and only once did I have bad service, where they rushed us through a meal. I could not tell if it was a new waiter or what. Location is ideal and very pretty for pictures.

We just got back from Hawaii and went there for dinner on our first night in Maui..The food was delicious, and the setting was beautiful. Get reservations early we booked a week before and we got a 8:30 seating. Service was exceptional..The prices are very expensive...Dinner for 3 was $230.00 that was with our tip, and a 6 beers. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! It was a trip of a life time and the dinner was great. My niece lives in Maui so she picked us up and took us there. It isn't that far, rent a car and drive and there is parking at the pier or you can get a rate from the cab company and they can pick you up. Its about 10 miles or so took us about 20 minutes. It is right before Paia on the Hana Hwy.

Thanks that was very helpful. I was thinking of making reservations for around 6 pm.. then we can decide closer to the date if we want to rent a car or just take a taxi depending on what else we are doing... we actually saw it on Giada DeLaurentis' show last night and it just looked gorgeous...

Had plans for lunch there on my original agenda till I read $185 gets you lunch for 2. Drove by it with our picnic sandwiches though and the view was to die for! Easy to drive to from the pier!

Romantic dinner for two non drinkers:

2 appetizers, 2 entrees & 2 desserts $150 plus tip for service and tip for valet parking. I guess we bought the view :)

I had to get something to eat in kahalui after cause I was still a little hungry LOL

food was good if you aren't worried about a budget.

Not that I would pay $185 for dinner for two all the time, but in Miami thats not unheard of... I'm not talking about for dinner out any night of the week, but for a nice romantic dinner at a place you wouldnt go all the time... id say this place in Hawaii would be one of those places, LOL... I did notice on the show I saw it on that the portion sizes weren't that generous, LOL.. I will definately keep it in mind.. theres a lot of other things we can spend $200 bucks on during this trip so I'll just have to decide if this is one of the things I really want or if we can just go and enjoy the view and grab something more casual...

To be honest I hate eating off the ship when I'm on a cruise... I feel like I've already paid for my meals and I'm an idiot for paying for another meal, lol... but it just looked like a really nice place...

Thanks that was very helpful. I was thinking of making reservations for around 6 pm.. then we can decide closer to the date if we want to rent a car or just take a taxi depending on what else we are doing... we actually saw it on Giada DeLaurentis' show last night and it just looked gorgeous...

Hi,

How was your Honeymoon on the POAM?

We are having ours on the POAM in Aug, and would love to hear from you. Did they do anything special for you?

Thanks

Hi,

How was your Honeymoon on the POAM?

We are having ours on the POAM in Aug, and would love to hear from you. Did they do anything special for you?

Thanks

We havent gone yet we are going on May 31 :) I will definately be doing a VERY detailed review...

Not that I would pay $185 for dinner for two all the time, but in Miami thats not unheard of... I'm not talking about for dinner out any night of the week, but for a nice romantic dinner at a place you wouldnt go all the time... id say this place in Hawaii would be one of those places, LOL... I did notice on the show I saw it on that the portion sizes weren't that generous, LOL.. I will definately keep it in mind.. theres a lot of other things we can spend $200 bucks on during this trip so I'll just have to decide if this is one of the things I really want or if we can just go and enjoy the view and grab something more casual...

To be honest I hate eating off the ship when I'm on a cruise... I feel like I've already paid for my meals and I'm an idiot for paying for another meal, lol... but it just looked like a really nice place...

We feel that way most times too, especially for dinner. We enjoy lunch off the ship and "eating with the locals" on cruises. That's usually fun and inexpensive and a good way to enjoy some local cuisine. As much as we love Mama's, we would not go to dinner there if we were only on a cruise. When we're on Maui for a land stay, then Mama's is a must for dinner one evening--We can always come up with a reason to call it a celebration.:D

beachchick

I see on the website that there are three different seating times listed. Do they have different menus and pricing for the different seating times? We were wondering about stopping there for a late lunch around 2PM. Are we looking at a $185 snack at that time too?

That was us: 185.00 for 2 for lunch at Mama's.

But Dh and I went to Antoines in New Orleans a few weeks ago for dinner and the bill was 202.00 for 2 of us before tip. lol. The service sucked also.

I was just a little shocked because we went to Mamas for lunch, but I think their lunch menu and dinner menu are the same.... so all things considered, the view was FANTASTIC and I would go again.

http://web.mac.com/spleenstomper

Archived