My son's request to Carnival

dec2007w3boys

Last night, my oldest son came out after I tucked him in and asked that I ask Carnival a question. This letter is going out today. His request made me smile. :)

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are a family of five currently planning our second Carnival Cruise. My oldest son asks that I contact you with a request that he has. Our first Carnival Cruise was this past November onboard the Valor to the Western Caribbean. We were assigned the early dining time in the Washington Dining Room and were completely taken by our two servers, Rolando (of Honduras) and Edwin (of Guatemala). These two servers made our cruise the most enjoyable vacation we have ever experienced. They went out of their way to treat my sons to an experience of a lifetime. Rolando would talk of monkeys under the table that had my four year old son Jason giggling the night away. Then to try to expand Jason’s dining experience, when he would order a hotdog, Rolando would holler off – “Chef – Jason wants hot dog… What’s that, no hot dog… Ah Jason, Chef say ‘No hotdog’ ”. Jason would giggle and then order something else. To this day when we are dining out, we use Rolando’s words on Jason. In return, Jason always talks of getting a monkey and sending it to Rolando on the big ship.

Additionally, Rolando and Edwin would entertain the boys throughout dinner with their antics and wisdom. My older two sons were always able to participate in the dining room activities and were treated like royalty by Edwin. Edwin had their drinks waiting for them, their steak cut and their hotdogs covered with just the right amount of ketchup. Prior to our departure, we completed comment cards for them to express our pleasure of having them as servers.

As we prepare for our next cruise, my oldest son Jared asked that I contact Carnival to see if by chance Edwin and/or Rolando will be on the Freedom this fall. As this is probably not likely, Jared’s second request would be for servers just as nice, special and fun as Rolando and Edwin were. I told him that I would pass this on to Carnival for their consideration.

We are all exciting about our next cruise. I do believe Carnival has found a lifetime customer.

awe, i say this is good for a chocoalte ship!:) (a 45 day letter to him).

as you probably already know, the crew does not rotate until their contract is up. i believe it is 6 months on, 3months off, 6 months on, etc.

they aren't going to send one or both to freedom b/c your son asked them to, of course, but you never know if they will be there.

when we sailed in july '06, we had a head waiter we loved. when we sailed again in feb '07 (a little less than 7 months later) on a different ship, we bumped into him in the dining room! he wasn't our waiter (i wish he had been), but it was so great to see him.

so...you never know.:)

awe, i say this is good for a chocoalte ship!:) (a 45 day letter to him).

as you probably already know, the crew does not rotate until their contract is up. i believe it is 6 months on, 3months off, 6 months on, etc.

they aren't going to send one or both to freedom b/c your son asked them to, of course, but you never know if they will be there.

when we sailed in july '06, we had a head waiter we loved. when we sailed again in feb '07 (a little less than 7 months later) on a different ship, we bumped into him in the dining room! he wasn't our waiter (i wish he had been), but it was so great to see him.

so...you never know.:)

Yes, Rolando said that he always stays on the Valor as it goes to Honduras every other week - and he can see his family. Edwin says he likes to switch - so you never know. If nothing else, maybe the letter will lead to another nice mention to the two gentlemen.

I didn't realize it could result in the 45 day letter - I thought it had to be right after your cruise. Anyway, I guess if one comes, that would be a bonus.

...I didn't realize it could result in the 45 day letter - I thought it had to be right after your cruise. Anyway, I guess if one comes, that would be a bonus.

yes. it could. and, no, it does not (you sent to guest relations, right?). my ds got one when he was 5 (he will be 7 this year) for a blurb about the height requirements for the slide. (i wrote it, of course, but he asked me to and told me what to say for him, lol).

they sent him a 45 day letter, and he chose a chocolate ship. it was waiting in our cabin the next cruise.

i hope your ds gets one. i'll keep my fingers crossed for him.:)

yes. it could. and, no, it does not (you sent to guest relations, right?). my ds got one when he was 5 (he will be 7 this year) for a blurb about the height requirements for the slide. (i wrote it, of course, but he asked me to and told me what to say for him, lol).

they sent him a 45 day letter, and he chose a chocolate ship. it was waiting in our cabin the next cruise.

i hope your ds gets one. i'll keep my fingers crossed for him.:)

Ah, the water slide. My four year old absolutely loved it, as did the other two. I could have written carnival a book of what we enjoyed and a paragraph on minor improvements. I am so looking forward to our next cruise.

We had Rolando last May on the Valor. He was great to waiter. Our kids really

enjoyed him.

It was on the Eastern tour and he went to shore that week to meet his family.

We end up running him to him and spend lunch with them.

We always have our favorite waiters. We had a waiter in 2004 on the

Spirit in Alaska, we ended up getting him again 3 years later.

We had Rolando last May on the Valor. He was great to waiter. Our kids really

enjoyed him.

It was on the Eastern tour and he went to shore that week to meet his family.

We end up running him to him and spend lunch with them.

We always have our favorite waiters. We had a waiter in 2004 on the

Spirit in Alaska, we ended up getting him again 3 years later.

Thanks for sharing - my son enjoyed reading this!!

It is wonderful that Rolando can stay on a ship that the route allows him time to see his family.

I hope your son finds someone equally as entertaining.

You never know. We were just on the Holiday in December and the karaoke host was someone we had sailed with before. She and I had lost touch and it was great to see her again and catch up. We had a blast.

Then on the Imagination last month, the Hostess (Asst.MD..whatever) for our dining room came by our table and introduced herself and said how nice it was to see us again. Seems she had been on our Spirit cruise back in July 2005. She named the ship and the date. Now that is a good memory!

You may want to post this letter to John Heald on his blog. He loves letters like this and he is the Senior CD on the Freedom right now. He will be leaving the Freedom before your trip for holiday and then will bring the Splendor in. Go to : http://johnhealdsblog.com/

John has a lot of pull with Carnival if nothing else, he may give the gentlemen the praise from you and your family.

Good Luck!

A 45 day letter is something that Carnival rewards you with for giving them feedback to their Guest Relations department. The feedback can be either good or bad. Not everyone gets a letter, but if you're a lucky one, as I was for my last cruise, you will get a letter that rewards you with a gift choice from the Bon Voyage department.

You may want to post this letter to John Heald on his blog. He loves letters like this and he is the Senior CD on the Freedom right now. He will be leaving the Freedom before your trip for holiday and then will bring the Splendor in. Go to : http://johnhealdsblog.com/

John has a lot of pull with Carnival if nothing else, he may give the gentlemen the praise from you and your family.

Good Luck!

That is a great idea - I just discovered his blog a few days ago and love it! I would really like to bring some more accolades to these two fine gentlemen - as would my kids. Again, for my sons to still be talking about them 3 months later - they made a great impression.

Thanks!!

Archived