Graycliff Restaurant in Nassau??

jillmar

My son told me to stop in there for dinner but I don’t think we will have time. Do you think its worth going for a drink? Is it all its cracked up to be? We will be somewhat rushed but if this is not to be missed please let me know! Thanks:)

Can't tell you about the food, but the ambiance is wonderful (I've only been there to pick up cigars) and all the reviews say it's great! Don't know if it's worth it on a short trip though - not much of a bar kind of place (vs. Senor Frogs) if you know what I mean. Maybe wait til you can truly dine there and enjoy? Now for a quick meal, my sisters and I stopped at the eatery right on the square behind the parliment building (for the life of me I can't remember what it's called!) and loved the food. If you stop, try the Ginger Lemonade - it is very refreshing:)

Follow this link - it's a great walking tour of downtown Nassau, hitting all the great sites. At one point early on, it mentions a restaurant near the parliment building. That's the one I'm talking about, don't be scared by the formal look of the place. Lots of lawyers and local dignitaries eat there (the food is spectacular), but they had no problem with us eating there in shorts and tees. Also, if you look for member reviews under my name for Sovereign of the Seas, I go over some other things to see while you're in Nassau. Enjoy your trip - I love Nassau - I've been there four times since 2005 and find something new every time:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332656

Archived