Royal Treatment Package!

kmigrrrl

Hey girls I just wanted to share my experience with you. This past Sunday my fiance and I did The Royal Treatment Package on The Explorer of the Seas. We met with Tammi the wedding coordinator and went thru the whole process basically of what will happen the morning of the wedding. We did a whole tour of the ship, we were able to go into the Grande Suite that we will have. I was soooo excited to be able to see it and know what to expect. We got to see all the different possible locations for the ceremony and reception. Plus we just walked around the entire ship. We had lunch in the Windjammer to end the afternoon. So basically I am soooooo happy we were able to do this. First off Tammi was great. She is not employed by Royal Romanace, basically she is hired I guess thru them but is not part of RR, which I think is a good thing. She will be the coordinator I will be having and I feel so comfortable having now already met her. She will make the day go very smoothly I have no doubt. She also told me that Captain Arnold will be marrying us and that he will be personally calling us prior to the wedding. I thought that was very nice. Captain Arnold is not currently the captain of the ship, he is retired and now perforns ceremonies. From what Tammi told us he is wonderful and many couples request him. Before we actually got on the ship, Tammi went over with us the whole process for our guests and us prior to everyone getting onboard. I feel so much more at ease knowing how the day will go, as oppossed to showing up the morning of the wedding not knowing what to expect. Being able to see the different locations onboard the ship was great. I LOVED Maharaja's Lounge and am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to have that room. There is another wedding taking place the same day so I am not sure. So basically I would HIGHLY recommend any bride-to-be to take part in this if you can. It was well worth the money they charge you. No you don't go over any costs or stuff like that because like I said the coordinator you meet with has nothing to do with that. But I now know that I am in good hands. I feel so much better about everything now and am convinced my wedding day will be everything I want and more.

Good luck to all future brides-to-be and if anybody has any questions feel free to ask me.

Kim

That's great that you got to do this! It sounds like it really put your mind at ease!

Not everyone can afford it however, and a lot of people are unable to do it because they will be flying to their departure port.

BUT it does sound like a really great idea if you have the money and are within proximity.

Kim,

Thanks for sharing this. After hearing your review I am definitely going to consider doing this. Do they have a set time on how far you should do it before your wedding? I would want to do it as close as possible, maybe like a month before the wedding, that way it would be more likely you'll be meeting the actual people that will be handling/involved in your wedding.

Thanks again, I'm glad it went so well!

Emily

• 2 months later...

Today I went on the Royal Treatment Package on the Grandeur of the Seas in Baltimore. We met with a wedding coordinator, who is contracted out by the ship, not Royal Romance. All of the wedding coordinators on the ship work for one company. It was great to see the set up for two wedding that were going to take place today. I definitely have a preference for where I want my wedding and hope it all falls into place. I actually saw a Bride getting ready to start her wedding. She said she had the best experience planning her wedding and it was stress free. She had 46 guests at her wedding and she looked awesome. I did learn about enhancements that are available at my port. I saw the bouquet that comes with Harmony Package and the Lunch buffet set up. There was a lot of food, more than enough. I also got to meet the officiant who does all the weddings on the ship and it was great speaking with him. The Baltimore Port is very organized with getting guests on the ship. It was a great experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Tameka94,

I am considering getting married on the Grandeur out of Baltimore in '09. Could you please share your experience when you return?

Kmigrrl,

Thanks for sharing your experience. If I do move forward with a cruise wedding I will definietly try The Royal Treatment Package.

I will definitely share my experience after I return from the cruise. So far the planning has been going well with Royal Romance/TWE. I am very specific when I ask questions or seek additional information and I do get everything in writing. Luckily, I have been dealing with the same person from Royal Romance/TWE. Next year, Carnival Pride will be leaving from Baltimore so Brides leaving from Baltimore will have 3 cruiselines to choose from. I have never been on a cruise before. That is one reason I did the Royal Treatment package.

I'm happy to hear your planning is going well. I've seen mixed reviews of Royal Romance/TWE. I'll be making my decision soon and when I do, I'll see if I can request that one person handle my wedding . It seems that will make the process less cumbersome.

The announcement that the Carnival Pride will be leaving out of Baltimore in Sept '09 is kind of what prompted me to look into having a cruise wedding. Although, I'm doubtful that I will choose Carinval given that the cruise is going to the Bahamas and I will have been there three times if I count my first cruise this November on Carinval.

This is really a great board. I was a little nervous about moving forward with a cruise wedding, but I feel more at ease each time I check out this board.

Good Luck with all your planning!

Archived