Are shorts OK in the NCL dining room

ghoterman

We were on the Aloha about 3 weeks ago and saw several people turned away from the main dining rooms wearing shorts. One of the main rooms will allow jeans & the other will be somewhat dressier. Button up shirts will be fine in either of the main rooms. Shorts will be OK in the buffet

• Administrators
We were on the Aloha about 3 weeks ago and saw several people turned away from the main dining rooms wearing shorts. One of the main rooms will allow jeans & the other will be somewhat dressier. Button up shirts will be fine in either of the main rooms. Shorts will be OK in the buffet

I agree, although I did see shorts in Le Bistro (:rolleyes:) so it depends in part on what the maitre'd chooses to enforce. Even though NCL doesn't have much of a dress code, they do have one and shorts are not supposed to be permitted at night other than at the buffet. My SO was fine on our cruise with a couple of pairs of khakis and three aloha shirts -- he just mixed and matched them and changed after dinner. As Monte says, jeans are also okay in every dining room except one of the main dining rooms every night.

• Administrators
We are on the POAM in March and my DH says he is not taking a coat and tie. It sounds like a polo shirt and slacks are ok but is there any reason he should bring the tie?

Not if he doesn't want to -- unless you want to try for a semi-formal type family photo during the cruise.

I agree - very few dressed up. At The Palace main dining room on POAl, those in jeans were turned away (we saw this occur several different evenings). At Crossings main dining room, jeans were accepted. I don't remember seeing anyone in shorts, but I might not have noticed.

Archived