Kids Beach in St. Martin

phannie

We are planning on touring St. Martin on our own this April and need to find a family friendly beach. I've read mixed reviews on Orient Beach, so I'm just not sure. I'm looking for something for a 4 and 7 year old, beach side cafe and chair rentals.

Also, If anyone has any other must see's that kids would enjoy as well, that would be great!

Orient would be fine for your little guys - it is mostly chairs several rows deep - just stay away from the clothing optional area which is at the far end. The water is very quiet. You can also take the little ferry to Pinel island - there is a snorkel area there too. The beach in Grand Case is probably broader and not as busy. I do not remember chairs and umbrellas there but I admit I was not looking. The beach in Phillipsburg is good too. We also go to dawn beach but the water there can get rough.

The Butterfly Farm is very interesting - we go every year. Your kids might like that. When the tide is out there is a little island you can actually walk out to ( be sure to wear shoes and watch out for the sea urchins ) and there an observation deck to climb up on. Hope this helps.

Although I would love to hear about the other beaches on Saint Maarten, I can comment on Orient Beach which is wonderful. They have all the facilities you would ever need, chairs, umbrellas, food, drinks and some clubs even have little playgrounds for the kids. The water has been both calm and crazy - sometimes it just depends on the day. Email me at redheada@hotmail.com and I will send you pics. My 3 year old has been 3 times already! :)

Thanks Redheada,

Could you tell me more about the playground example slides, swings, jungle gym, inflatables?

How are the prices at Coco's?

Could someone remind me which 5 sections of Orient Beach are the most expensive? I read this here before and forgot to write it down.

I dont remember it being a big play area - just a smaller area in the sand with some swings, etc. The cost I do remember was expensive and I had an issue with them overcharging me which took some time resolving (maybe the whole French/American thing). But I didnt really care because it was such a wonderful time for us. My daughter didnt even play in the play area too long because of the amazing beach! They should be pretty occupied with just that alone.

Also it may be worth checking out the butterfly farm - pretty cool place.

Archived