How early can we board?

house2l

Leaving port at 10PM on Carnival Destiny next Sunday and was wondering what the earliest possible time we can board is. I've emailed carnival and havn't heard a response yet. We land around noon, so I was wondering if anyone here had any information/tips regarding this. Would like to walk around and enjoy the day, but not sure what to do about luggage etc.. can we check them this early? Thanks so much!:)

Yeah- they will let you on early- after 12 or so to eat etc. But you can't get into the room until 2:30. So you end up lugging your carry-on stuff around with you until your room opens (they lock the doors to the room hallways).

But your timing is fine- once you land, get your luggage and get to the pier, it will be about 1'ish. By the time you get on (and buy liquor at the store in the terminal- it is really inexpensive), it will be about 2 or so.

Get lunch or hang out by the pool a few minutes and your in the room and ready to explore until 9pm.

Or, you can check your bags at luggage storage at Audioguia right across the street from the ship. But I think they close at 4:30p, so that will limit your time walking around.

Yeah- they will let you on early- after 12 or so to eat etc. But you can't get into the room until 2:30. So you end up lugging your carry-on stuff around with you until your room opens (they lock the doors to the room hallways).

But your timing is fine- once you land, get your luggage and get to the pier, it will be about 1'ish. By the time you get on (and buy liquor at the store in the terminal- it is really inexpensive), it will be about 2 or so.

Get lunch or hang out by the pool a few minutes and your in the room and ready to explore until 9pm.

Or, you can check your bags at luggage storage at Audioguia right across the street from the ship. But I think they close at 4:30p, so that will limit your time walking around.

Do they still let you take a bottle of liquor on the ship in your carry on? We went on the Destiny in 2007 and they allowed that. We were told that this is the only port that it's allowed at. One of our top 3 reasons for next year's cruise out of here.

BTW- to the original poster, I agree, your timing is about perfect. They let us on around 1:00 last time if I remember correctly.

I also went on Destiny in late Oct/07- they couldn't care less what was in your carry-on bags. I haven't heard it has changed.

I was told because it is SJ security running the last XRay security inspection,not Carnival people. But we brought liquor onto the ship in 2 other ports and no one said a thing.

Thanks for the prompt reponses!! And the answer to my next question.. hehe.. So you are allowed to bring alcohol right in your carry-on? I was always under the impression you had to be sneaky about it, i guess not in San Juan? And there is a place right at the terminal? how convenient.. thanks again! so excited... :D

Thanks for the prompt reponses!! And the answer to my next question.. hehe.. So you are allowed to bring alcohol right in your carry-on? I was always under the impression you had to be sneaky about it, i guess not in San Juan? And there is a place right at the terminal? how convenient.. thanks again! so excited... :D

Not only is there a place in the terminal, it's duty free to boot! Now how cool is that? And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, you can actually get off the ship and do it all over again. The unofficial rule I heard was 1 liter per pass through the x-ray in your carry on bag.

You can look up Smuggler's Punch somewhere on CC and get some good "ship provided mixer" recipes for those not so sneaky carry on goods.

haha.. no shame neccesary.. i remember "shimmying" a bottle under a long skirt from the st thomas kmart up the gangway my sr year in college.. ah the good ol days- talk about desprete and paranoid! i think this time ill opt for the "normal" way. haha. thanks again.:)

Archived