Just back from 9/11 WIND....Fabulous!!

kapoho2

Just walked in the door a couple of hours ago from a great 11 night cruise around Hawaii on the WIND. We live in Hilo...so we only had a 35 minute flight home from Honolulu to Hilo....but we are still faced with the mountains of laundry and mail. I will write a detailed review soon, but I will be happy to try to answer any questions in the meantime.

In a nutshell, the cruise was fabulous...we enjoyed every minute of it, and are planning to do it again within the next year!!

kapoho2,

With all the negatives about the POA it's good that the Wind was a nice cruise. How was the trip to Fanning? It seems for less $$$ than the POA you can get a few more days on the Wind. Granted it's a smaller and older ship but who cares, as long as there's decent food etc. (We did the RCI Monarch in March - kinda old)

We're considering a Hawaii vacation in 2006 (Although the wind may not be there then) so I'll look for your review.

Until then I should consider packing as we leave on the Sun to LA on Sunday:eek:

glad you had a good time. i did the 10 day last april and loved the ship and crew! hard to believe you were on the same trip with vdubeetle who had a lot of negatives to report. i think for the price i paid for a cat. CC and the excellent food and staff it was highway robbery, the trip of a lifetime! ;)

sapsucker,

Glad you had as good a time as we did. I have a feeling I observed the "sapsuckers" on our cruise. I was eavesdropping on a couple in line for photos on formal night...from WY, celebrating an anniversary and the husband did something very special on Kauai.....could this be you guys?? I was too timid to butt into the conversation. If it was you guys, then we also sat next to each other on the tender back from Fanning Island. I don't know why I was so quiet during all of these encounters....that is NOT usually my style. But, also, everyone was so into enjoying their own experiences....I did not want to interrupt any smiles!!

Looking forward to reading your review....and hopefully, mine will be up tomorrow.

kapoho,

That sounds like it was us. I surprised my DW with a marriage vow renewal ceremony on a beach about 10 miles north of where we were docked. It was great. NCL decorated our room so it was really festive when we got back. We had a cake in our room and another one when we ate at the LeBistro that night. All of the planning I did for the past couple of months worked out well. We rented a PT Cruiser convertible and did the road to Hana. Excellent! A very memorable trip for the both of us that we will never forget. Too bad you did not says something to us. I kept my ears open for someone from Hilo and Weedynorto from New Hampshire but never hooked up with you. Flying over the volcano in Hilo was great. SO was the helicopter ride in Kauai. Snorkel trip in Kona was great. I am suffering from Post Cruise Syndrome (PCS). LOL...:o :o :o

Archived