school holidays

HLH40

We will be cruising to Alaska on the 20th July and as we are from England I was wondering whether the North American schools will be on holiday at this time. My DD wonders whether there will be plenty of children on board as she loves making new friends.

While every school district is different, July 20 is smack dab in the middle of summer vacation for just about every district that I know about. Typically the school year runs from September 1ish to June 1ish. Note that this can vary a couple of weeks on either side, but July 20 is a very safe bet that most American & Canadian kids will be enjoying summer break. You daughter will have plenty of opportunities to meet kids from all across the country. Have a great time!

What an adventure for your daughter! Yep--you are traveling during the time when the ships will have the most kids on them. I'm not sure how many kids do the Alaskan itinerary, though, but there are bound to be plenty. Some schools start back on August 1st, but I've never heard of any that were in during July.

Archived