Please help!~1st time CCL~Miracle or Victory?

raina*faith

Which one would you choose?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose?

• Carnival Miracle
    • Carnival Victory

Could you tell me what you liked or disliked about either ship. We have looked at the Victory to Bahamas, but really like the island choices of the Miracle. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I can't go wrong, but which would you choose if:

a. You and your husband/wife were finally able to take a cruise w/o your kids.

b. it was your first time on a Carnival ship.

c. you were dying to go back and tell your friends all about how great this Carnival ship was.....:D

Which one is best?

Could you tell me what you liked or disliked about either ship. We have looked at the Victory to Bahamas, but really like the island choices of the Miracle. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I can't go wrong, but which would you choose if:

a. You and your husband/wife were finally able to take a cruise w/o your kids.

b. it was your first time on a Carnival ship.

c. you were dying to go back and tell your friends all about how great this Carnival ship was.....:D

Which one is best?

I may not be the best person to answer this, but here goes... I was on the Victory (prior to the renovation) I HATED it.. i thought it was tacky, dirty.. some bad crew members etc.. whatever.. going on the Miracle this May.. i have read nothing but great reviews on the Miracle.. the Victory is mixed...

I have been on both ships - and yes the Victory is bigger - but the Miracle certainly did NOT feel small to me at all - I do usually prefer the bigger ships and was worried about the Miracle but to be very honest - I LOVED the layout and all the nooks and crannies - there was certainly nothing 'missin'g in my opinion.

I also found the Victory to be a bit 'tired' looking - but for your first cruise there would be nothing wrong with the Miracle esp if you prefer the itinerary!

Froufie

I just noticed your Long Island! How cute! I'm a NYer too! But I'm from upstate NY! My DH is from Queens. :o

do the carnival ships have a lot of glitz? I don't remember that much from RCL. I heard that carnival has that "wow" factor.

Queens born and raised! Now i am out in the burbs..My parents had a "log cabin" up in Treadwell near Oneonta...

The Carnival ships, at least the Victory, is so over the top! hideous.. think bad Las Vegas! But its all in the fun.. If you do a search on the miracle there is a pdf available that really shows the ship.. It looks much much nicer than Victory..

Trock: I'm a catskills girl. Up in the Rhinebeck area. I did like Las Vegas when I went, but don't know if I'd like it for 8 days? But it will be completely different from my RCL ships and that'll be worth it!

Froufie: Thanks for your opinion too. I really like the bigger ships, but since its just me and my husband we can do something more intimate. Not sure what to do without the promenades I'm used to. :D

Trock: I'm a catskills girl. Up in the Rhinebeck area. I did like Las Vegas when I went, but don't know if I'd like it for 8 days? But it will be completely different from my RCL ships and that'll be worth it!

Froufie: Thanks for your opinion too. I really like the bigger ships, but since its just me and my husband we can do something more intimate. Not sure what to do without the promenades I'm used to. :D

i meant Las Vegas, 70's, cheesey glitter stuff

Well whatever you decide, enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my .02. My first cruise was on the Miracle and my second cruise (4/17) will be on the Miracle. We loved her so much I booked her again about 3 days after we got home.

I doubt you'll find much to complain about if you book her.

Archived