Anyone done the "Three Reef" snorkeling tour?

Duncarob

Not a personal experience, but my tablemates on the Fantasy over X-Mas did this. They really loved it, and said that they must have snorkeled 1/2 the island (they could have been using a mite of hyperbole but i don't know). They didn't make it to dinner that night as they were so exhausted, but from what I understand they like it.

I'm sure there has to be somebody here w/direct experience.

We did this trip in February with Eagle Ray divers. We had a great day and experienced some beautiful reefs;Columbia shallows,Palancar and Paradise reef(busiest and not in great shape but still lots of fish).Columbia and Palancar were drift snorkeling as there is a slight current out there.They had one fellow in the water leading the way and helping if needed and one fellow following with the boat.We were nervous at first way out in the ocean but felt comfortable after just a few minutes. We had a choice of pop ,beer or water and they also brought out fresh fruit.This trip also included lunch which we had at a little beach club called Playa palancar.I really enjoyed Palancar reef which is a very deep reef, but so neat to see because of the size of the coral heads.We saw a stingray ,turtle , barracuda, and numerous other fish. Was a great day with 7 of us on board. Age range was 14- ~55 or so.

Hi mcanuck! Thanks for the response.

Did you book this on your own? There is an excursion by this name offered by NCl but I'm guessing it would probably not be as small of a group.

Do you mind telling me what it costs?

TIA :)

Yes we booked this on our own through "cozumel insider.com" but I beleive they have their own website as well. Depending on your timing they also have a two reef trip.The cost for the 3 reef trip with lunch was $65 each. You had to take a cab to caleta marina which was about $5.

Sorry I just went to cozumel insider and cannot find the Eagle Ray trip listed anymore.I went to the Eagle Ray website and they are quoting $68 plus 2 marine park fee. In early February we paid $65 inclusive. Things have changed?

I knew they had revised their website, but I didn't realize they had also increased their prices, plus added a 5% tax, but it is still a GREAT price and the BEST day you will ever spend on Cozumel!!! Please be sure and tell Chellie that Suzanne says HOLA!!!:D

I just got an email from Chellie at Eagle Ray Divers. I inquired about the web site changes and about the price increase and 5% tax shown. She asked me let everyone know that effective immediately....the price of the 3-reef snorkel trip with lunch is $65, and that the 5% tax is for PAYPAL processing only!! The $2 marine park fee has always been in place as that is what the government charges everyone who snorkels or dives in the waters on Cozumel, soooooooooo an INCREDIBLE deal!!! ENJOY and kiss a fish for me!!!!:D

Archived