Celebrity AMEX vs. Visa

AnglerGirl

I'm considering a Celebrity credit card. I've researched both available programs as much as possible. I've also searched for threads on CC but found little (user error I'm sure!). I would love to get some opinions on those 'in the know'.

Is anyone out there a cardholder for Amex or Visa, and if so, are you happy with the ease of redeeming points toward cruise benefits with Celebrity?

I welcome the good, the bad and the downright ugly experience(s) any one has had with the redemption process with these cards.

Thank you and Happy Sailing!

I'm considering a Celebrity credit card. I've researched both available programs as much as possible. I've also searched for threads on CC but found little (user error I'm sure!). I would love to get some opinions on those 'in the know'.

Is anyone out there a cardholder for Amex or Visa, and if so, are you happy with the ease of redeeming points toward cruise benefits with Celebrity?

I welcome the good, the bad and the downright ugly experience(s) any one has had with the redemption process with these cards.

Thank you and Happy Sailing!

I have used my credits for on board credits twice. No hassle except first time trying to find out who to call etc. We called customer service mentioned what we wanted they gave us an order #. Called Celebrity Captains Club with order # and told to credit our account for our upcoming cruise. No problem so far!!

We have redeemed points for 2 cruises on our AMEX platinum. We had to book through American Express Travel to be able to use the points. Apparently, Celebrity has a much better deal with AMEX than does HAL because the cash value of my points was much higher on our X cruise. However, we did get OBC, champagne and 1 free night specialty restaurant on both cruises.

I have both the Celebrity AMEX and Visa. I started with the AMEX but in our area the businesses are reluctant to take them due to the high fees. We switched to Visa which has a wider acceptance. We redeemed points from both cards for cruise credits with no problems. The Bank of America web site is a little tricky but once you navigate to the Celebrity Awards link (start at the Merchandise link) its pretty easy to redeem the points.

Allen and Diana

Archived