Has Anyone Been On The Progresso Rhino Adventure?

CAJAMEX

Some friends just returned and said that the kids liked it but the adults "could take it or leave it".

WE ARE GOING ON IT TO SEE A FEW RUINS. WE DIDN'T FEEL LIKE 5 HOURS OF DRIVING TO CHICHAN ITZA. DO YOU KNOW IF THEY SAW ANY RUINS?

Actually, the drive time to Uxmal ruins, is only about 1:45 ea way and Uxmal, to me and many others, is more impressive, prettier and way less crowded than Chichen Itza. I've been there twice and once to Chichen Itza.

• 1 year later...

.....my son (12 yo) and I are going to Progreso this year. This is one of the excursions I was thinking of doing. Can anyone who has done this excursion in the past 14 months (since the last post on this thread) add anything as far as opinions about this excursion? Are there more ruins restored? How was the ride there from the port? How long did it take? How long and how was the beach after seeing the ruins?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:confused:

wasiii

Hi, My daughter and I did this in March 2008. The ATV do not go fast and are on paths through brush most of the way but are some on the highway so you have to be a licensed driver. She is 21 so she drove and liked that part. She also like the ruins but I am not a historical buff. It was hot and if you decide to do it I would say bring bug spray. We did not and had to borrow some for the mosquitoes. The beach area was ok but it is not a true beach and we were not there long. A few of the kids got in but the water was cold- but this March. Afterwards we went to this little out door cafe. Some people ordered - we just drank cokes and ate chips. I can send you pictures and even a small video if you'd like. Just reply to this and I'll give you my email.

Shelia

Texas

Archived