The sweetest people are on CC.

I jus wanted everyone to know how kind and sweet some folks are on these boards. So many times people around here gripe and complain about others, well this is the opposite of that!!:D

I am coming from Los Angeles to Houston with 5 people and 10 bags for a Voyager cruise, and I was kidding around on my meet & mingle thread about how some big-hearted Texan should come to the airport and drive us (all 5) to Galveston on a Saturday night. I WAS KIDDING.

Well two sweethearts in my thread actually volunteered to do it!!!!

So the next time you find yourself asking why we spend so much time on these boards, maybe this is part of the answer.

Oh, and I wouldn't want to mention the names of those two amazingly wonderful people who offered their time (((Instructor and Surgnurse)));) shhhhhhhhhh.....;)

I jus wanted everyone to know how kind and sweet some folks are on these boards. So many times people around here gripe and complain about others, well this is the opposite of that!!:D

I am coming from Los Angeles to Houston with 5 people and 10 bags for a Voyager cruise, and I was kidding around on my meet & mingle thread about how some big-hearted Texan should come to the airport and drive us (all 5) to Galveston on a Saturday night. I WAS KIDDING.

Well two sweethearts in my thread actually volunteered to do it!!!!

So the next time you find yourself asking why we spend so much time on these boards, maybe this is part of the answer.

Oh, and I wouldn't want to mention the names of those two amazingly wonderful people who offered their time (((Instructor and Surgnurse)));) shhhhhhhhhh.....;)

Since you are in southern California, the six of us with only one bag each need a ride, to get to our May Radiance cruise, from SAN to.....

Oh never mind we will stick with the bus. He He

Maybe you can come along on our cruise. icon7.gif

Since you are in southern California, the six of us with only one bag each need a ride, to get to our May Radiance cruise, from SAN to.....

Oh never mind we will stick with the bus. He He

Maybe you can come along on our cruise. icon7.gif

I'd love to go...where are we going?? Hawaii?? Panama???:p

Stories like that remind me of why I spend so much time online here. That's a great testimony to the value of a "virtual" community. For you, it just sprang to very real life!

Enjoy.

I can tell a great story about wonderful CCers. I was on FOS in August 06 with some wonderful CCers, our board is still rolling. I was flying home and made a mistake and had my $$ brand spanking new lipsticks tossed in the trash by TSA (let me add that I live on a very small island and cosmetics generally are only available at- wait for it- Kmart; my Sephora splurge stateside is a real treat!). I complained bitterly on the roll call and one of our true blue amazing CCers actually went into a Sephora near him (yes HIM, his wife chuckled) and got me replacements and mailed then to me. I sent him a rumcake back to say thanks and there you have it- another lovely example of human kindness.

You might laugh and say it was just a silly lipstick- but I was so touched that he wuld do this and can't wait to cruise with DAVECAVE again. If he is on your Roll Call, he and his lovely wife Diane are the best and please tell them the Teacha is still grateful.

Let's be great to one another! You never know when you will be the recipient of outrageous kindness...

I love to hear the good side as well...so I'll share my CC story.

I'm on a TA in April with my mom & was scheduled to fly back to Orlando. From there we were going to rent a car & drive to Jacksonville. I just found out that I have to stay on in England for business & send my mom home alone. Now she's well travelled but in her 60s with a few health issues so the dilema of getting her from Orlando to JAX was a worry. I mentioned this on our roll call as I was a bit stressed but didn't want to worry my mom. One of the couples asked if I could route her to JAX on the day they were flying back & they would drop her home - THEN drive to their home in Gainsville. They don't know me or my mom so the offer was very sweet.

Again the reminder of good people here.

I'd love to go...where are we going?? Hawaii?? Panama???:p

West bound to Hawaii, 10 night, May 3 . Our roll call group has hired a Greyline bus to give us an all day (9 to 5) tour and transfer to Ensenada to board Radiance. 68 have registered for M&M.

Guarantee cabin cost are $1049 for X balcony, $849 for Y oceanview and $799 for Z inside. Must be getting low on X since first page showed $1499 but the lower price shows up when you get to cabin category selection and booking page. Join us.

Let's be great to one another! You never know when you will be the recipient of outrageous kindness...

One of my friends has a quote from a book framed in her home.

It reads, "Be kind to everyone you meet. There are angels walking among us, and you never know who might be one". :)

Errr Elvis and Tracey, I don't want to be known as the 'Tacky Texan' but you have mispelled Texas on your Ticker :eek:. Here's hoping when you arrive you meet only Native Texans who are known for being friendly and hospitable (and some transplants ;) ) Have a good trip!

Errr Elvis and Tracey, I don't want to be known as the 'Tacky Texan' but you have mispelled Texas on your Ticker :eek:. Here's hoping when you arrive you meet only Native Texans who are known for being friendly and hospitable (and some transplants ;) ) Have a good trip!

Did it on purpose to poke fun at my good friend PH who is frum Tex-us and is therefore a Tex-uhn. :p ;) Ya know ya'll do talk a bit different out therrrrre.

When I am in California I talk different but when you are in Texas it's you that has that funny accent :D ;) My sister lives in Ca. and when she comes home do we ever tease her about her funny way of talking.

Well how would you like to have my accent? I sound like Carmella Soprano! I try NOT to though...after all I'm only HALF Italian but have lived in NJ all my life. So you see? When you think about it, a Texas accent isn't bad at all. :cool:

I plan on creating my own Texan accent for the duration of the cruise....

;) :D :eek:

And just what do Californians sound like to everyone else?? I think we are one of the few states that is totally accent-free, unless you count

valley-speak (like, oh-my-god) ((I don't talk like that)). So what exactly does a Californian sound like????

Oh boy. People start subtracting I.Q. points when they hear folks from my neck of the woods talk. Which puts them just about where we want them...

Sounds interesting, where are you from?? See, I'm a wierd person that loves accents, my favorite US accent is probably Boston, which most people find quite annoying, but I think sounds great.

And I adore the way folks speak from Louisiana, especially New Orlenes, very sexy....

And here i am stuck in California where no one sounds like much of anything....:p

Archived