Anse Cochon / Ti Kaye Resort

jtrain73

ssshhhhh....quiet.....nothing to see there, go somewhere else (!).

Seriously...it is GREAT. Beautiful beach, funky little beach bar, with Ti Kaye above (spectacular views but a somewhat strenuous walk up the stairs to get there). Book it through Island Divers - they'll pick you up right at the cruise port and take you by boat to the beach, very reasonable cost, includes a drink and lunch. Excellent snorkeling too but beware of the current, which can be strong. But let's keep this quiet, OK? ;~) We'll be back there off the Crown Princess in about 7 weeks!

Our first cruise to St Lucia we did a land tour with Herod that included a stop at Jalousie- absolutely the best beach snorkeling I've ever done. When researching for our upcoming cruise I found tring to return by land was expensive and time consuming. The cost for Island Divers excursion is less than getting there by cab, and it includes use of the facilities at Ti Kaye and lunch, 2 snorkel spots and transportation. I can't wait, and will post on my return

• 4 weeks later...

We've snorkeled Anse Cochon 3 times, twice with Island Divers (this year and the year before), and once before Island Divers existed. The guy who owns Ti Kaye started Island Divers to run their dive program and their day pass program. We've had nothing but good experiences with Island Divers, and would book with them again in a heartbeat. And the snorkeling at Anse Cochon is terrific. We tried Anse Chastanet once, but the snorkeling conditions were poor that day, and have never been to Jalousie.

• 2 weeks later...

We just spent a day at Ti Kaye this past week booked through Island Divers. The package price has changed, so bring along your confirmation e-mail. The 'snorkel' package is no longer offered. Instead you get the day pass to snorkle the north and south sides of the bay, lunch with a soft drink and use of the facilities- bathrooms and kayaks. The food is very good with large portions. The snorkeling is better on the north side, but there are catamarans coming in and out most of the day and it can get crowded

I just received information from Island Divers today. She sent me a map with pickup times. Problem is, I don't know where Carnival Destiny docks, and if we are in from 8-5, will we be able to get to those pickup points by 8:30? Here's the transfer info:

We offer transfers from and to your cruise ship.

Pick up time: 8:30AM

Pick up location: Pointe Seraphine Dock

Departure (fr. dive shop): 3:00PM

OR

We offer transfers from and to your cruise ship .

Pick up location: Vendors Arcade( attach to this email is a map of pick up location)

Can anyone answer that for me? Thanks, sure am looking forward to St. Lucia, we received 8" of snow this morning! ~Machelle

I just received information from Island Divers today. She sent me a map with pickup times. Problem is, I don't know where Carnival Destiny docks, and if we are in from 8-5, will we be able to get to those pickup points by 8:30? Here's the transfer info:

OR

Pick up location: Vendors Arcade( attach to this email is a map of pick up location)

Can anyone answer that for me? Thanks, sure am looking forward to St. Lucia, we received 8" of snow this morning! ~Machelle

I believe the Destiny docks in town, Point Seraphine is across the bay- looked to me like a 10 minute ride. I would explain the situation to them- I'm sure they'll wait a few minutes for you if necessary

• 4 weeks later...

OR

Machelle,

We did the snorkel with Island Divers Nov. 2007 once off the ship just any tour group rep there and they will will tell where to wait or point out the person you need to see This is what they did for us for the rep was running late trying to find a group which did not showed up The pick up point is close by a easy walk.

While we were having lunch the Island had one good earthquake, center point about 50 miles away. The place rock and rolled for about 0ne min. No damage only a few items fell and one meal was burnt.

Planning to visit again in i2010

Paul

OR

We did our second day with Island Divers, third day at Ti Kaye, this past January. As before, a rep, this time Jas, the manager, met us in the Pt. Seraphine mall, and the the dive boat was a few steps away, at the water taxi landing. Serenade docks directly adjacent to the Pt. Seraphine shopping area. Emerald Princess was docked on the other side of the harbor, near the Vendors Arcade, and she had already stopped on that side of the harbor and picked up people from the Emerald. On the way back in the afternoon first to disembark the Emerald passengers, and then came back around to the water taxi landing to disembark all of us from Serenade. It was another great day, and next time we're in St. Lucia we'll probably do it again. Anyhow, where ever Destiny docks, you should be fine. Have you asked on the Carnival boards which dock she uses? You shouldn't have any problem making the times. It usually takes about 1/2 hour to clear the ship for disembarkation when you dock, and if you let Jas know you might be a few minutes late, there shouldn't be a problem. That's what we did.

Archived