Aft cabin on Carnival Victory

KLF

I just booked cabin #7425 Cat 9A on the Victory for our June 1 cruise. I've never had an aft cabin before so not too sure what to expect. The one thing I did make sure of is that there are cabins above and below us. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have not stayed in this cabin, but we are looking at moving our cabin to this one - we are currently booked in the one right next door 7419. What I can tell you is that we've been told numerous times that 7425 and 7419 are both 185 sq ft with 75 sq ft balconies, everything's just configured differently. I'm really interested to see what "inside" responses from people in the know you get from this thread! I REALLY want this cabin, too - just because of the wrap-a-round balcony. However, DH isn't quite convinced it's worth paying $400 more for since the cabin we're already in is the same size room and balcony.

I sailed in 8428 on Triumph (sister ship to Victory) which is the category 9A cabin on the opposite corner one deck up from 7425. Here is a link to my photos. The cabins are not identical from deck to deck but you can get an idea of size and what the balconies are like...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/83932417zuqlPX

I can assure you that these 9A cabins are NOT the same as any other cabin regardless what the Carnival Rep is telling you! Yes, the cabins themselves are configured different and may not have more square footage, but those balconies are by no stretch of the imagination only 75 square feet!!! Our balcony was about 75 feet LONG and about 4-5 feet deep making it close to 300-400 square feet! And, it did indeed wrap from the back corner of the ship all the way around the corner and down the side of the ship! Views EVERYWHERE!!!! Terrific! Also, I have sailed on Victory, so even those my photos are of Triumph, these cabins are identical on Victory!

Deck 8, 8428 that the previous poster mentioned has the 'largest' balcony of the 9A's.. Side, corner and aft balcony...! Deck 7 has the corner and side, while Deck 6 has the aft and corner..! :)

We just sailed on the Liberty which is very similar concerning aft 9A's in 8455... !

Have just booked 8448 on the Carnival Freedom, another of the 9A's on Deck 8 with the side, corner, aft balcony configuration!:p

8448 and 8455 have a bed and a table with two chairs.. NO sofa...! Deck 6 cabins have a sofabed for the 3rd passenger.! I have never been in a Deck 7 - 9A.. altho' I have seen the balcony configurations from above.. :D

Hope this is some help.. We love the cabins, as they seem to be roomier than the standard rectangular cabins, even tho' they are the same square footage, except for those BIG BEAUTIFUL balconies... :cool:

• 3 years later...
I know this sounds incredibly insane...but what does AFT stand for? We have a AFT view balcony room; and we are still confused as to what that means??

Well, there is "aft" and there is "aft"! ;) Nautically speaking, "aft" is a direction. It means toward the back of the ship. Any cabin that is located anywhere from mid-ship to the back end of the ship can be referred to as being "aft".

...What most of us are referring when we talk about an "aft" cabin though are the cabins on the "stern", which is the very back of the ship and the balconies of those cabins literally face the wake of the ship. On many ships, these "aft" (or more accurately STERN) cabins are larger than side cabins of the same category and more often than not, have very large balconies. Hence they are quite popular and are sometimes hard to come by! :eek:

I hope I didn't confuse matters even more!

...If you could tell us what cabin number you have and on which ship, we can tell you if you are "aft"....or "aft"! :D

• 1 month later...

Bonnie, I see you have traveled on many cruise lines. My wife and I have only been on Carnival. We are looking at a Southern Caribbean cruise next Spring. We are looking at Carnival, Royal and Celebrity. Can you give me some hits of your pro's and con's to each.

thanks,

Ck. out this link. Select Carnival, The Victory, and Drag Decks at the bottom and follow the directions at the top of the page. I tried to copy and paste the direct link, but was not working for me.

Looks like cabins above and below you. This website has lots of good info., so you might want to ck. out the whole site (although you have to be a member to view some stuff).

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com

I cruised on The Victory last April and it was an AWESOME Cruise! Enjoy.....

Another website I like.

http://www.beyondships.com/index.html

And here's another and there is a few pics of The Victory. If you google "pictures of cruise ship cabins", you might find more pics to ck out. Also Youtube is a great way to get excited!

http://www.********************/indes.html

Sorry about the error on that site. Ck out "cruiselinerooms dot com". (I'm in too big of a hurry and doing something wrong). There are some pics of 7425 on there.

• 1 month later...
We are sailing 10/30/11 on Victory suite 9205....hoping we made a good decision....any thoughts?

9205 is the forward cabin- the balcony is the same size as the regular balcony cabins.

There is a door to the left of the cabin that will put you on the public deck so you can see the other side if needed.

Archived