Cozumel easy beach snorkling for Seniors

maidaweb

We were in Cozumel in Dec for our 35th anniversary. My husband enjoyed snorkeling at the Palmar Beach Club......had an easy access to the water and there was a sandy beach where I sat and watched. Across the road they have a pool, snack bar and changing rooms. The two gentlemen working could not have been nicer. It was not at all crowded and we had a very enjoyable afternoon there. There is info at the Coxumel Insider website where they describe the beaches. Not sure if I have the link right...I am not very good with this! :o

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/index.php?Popup=1&Page=PALMARBEACH&From=Beaches

Mom has the right idea. Palmar is at Dzul Ha and offers some of the best shore snorkeling. Access to the water is a little easier than at Chankabnaab, plus you have your choice of the Money Bar or Palmar. We haven't been to the Money Bar, It wasn't there when we were, but Palmar is nice.

We were on the Pearl...just took a taxi from the dock and showed up at Palmar.....didn't take long to get there. The gentlemen working called a taxi when we were ready to return to the ship. By the time we had changed out of our suits the cab was there. The pool at Palmar is very nice too.....we did not do the butterfly sanctuary. Basically they serve a snack type menu......we had nachos...a quesadilla and drinks. Hope this helps....we did not want to do one of the family type beaches with all the toys and since I do not snorkle I wanted to be able to sit in the sun for a bit.....this worked out perfectly for us

Paradise Beach Tom, was that at Palmar or the Money Bar or are they right next to each other? THANKS all for helping me figure this out! It will be our 41'st anniversary the day we're there, and I'd like to keep us injury free!

Paradise Beach Tom, was that at Palmar or the Money Bar or are they right next to each other? THANKS all for helping me figure this out! It will be our 41'st anniversary the day we're there, and I'd like to keep us injury free!

Pretty sure he was talking about the money bar.:)

• 5 months later...

How frustrated am I?

I have been at the puter for hours trying to decide what our group can do. I stumbled upon this thread and it's exactly what we want plus! Downside is, the website says the beach and butterfly sanctuary are closed indefinitely. Darn, darn, double darn!!

We want to check out the ruins on our own and then find a GOOD snorkeling spot where we can easily swim to the reef, not just look at an occasional fish like it was at Chankanaab last year. Somebody just HAS to have good hints for us, please, please?

<-- desperate for hints :D

How frustrated am I?

I have been at the puter for hours trying to decide what our group can do. I stumbled upon this thread and it's exactly what we want plus! Downside is, the website says the beach and butterfly sanctuary are closed indefinitely. Darn, darn, double darn!!

We want to check out the ruins on our own and then find a GOOD snorkeling spot where we can easily swim to the reef, not just look at an occasional fish like it was at Chankanaab last year. Somebody just HAS to have good hints for us, please, please?

<-- desperate for hints :D

Look into playa uvas. There is a long thread with alot of pics and information.

I was just going to recommend Uvas. I did my first snorkeling there in May. Walk in. They have sandbags to use as stepping stones.

They over various packages and the taxi fare to get there isn't bad. Lovely place. Excellent chicken fajitas, draft beer & margaritas all included in the package price of $39 pp.

http://www.playauvas.com/

See the LOOOONNNGGG thread here with all the details (and mini-reviews).

[url=http://www.playauvas.com/][/url]

Archived