Sailing on out SC on Carnival Victory - Need Advice/Experiences

chaoticbeauty

My husband, and I are planning on sailing out of Charleston, SC on the Carnival Victory this October. This will be my husband's first cruise. I have only sailed on the Carnival Celebration out of Jacksonville, Fl in the past.

Prior to booking the cruise, We would like to know more about the Victory. I, myself, am interested in learning about the different cabins, views, and service. We are strongly considering a balcony room. Also, What is the dock area and ship like? Is it best to go thru the carnival site or a travel agent when booking a cruise? Any experiences from past cruisers on this ship would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Gina

I have been on the Victory twice now and loved the ship. I hope you do too. The problem here is Charleston,SC. They are not set up well for cruising and thus the passengers pay the price with long waits, and poorly organized port. The only time we cruised out of there, by the time we got off the ship, long waits for shuttle to where cars are parked and got to our car we could have already been home and we are 5 hrs from the port. This is not an isolated incidient as our daughter experienced the same. Also, the people of Charleston really do not want an improved port there as it will change their quaint city. And I don't blame them. Just know that it is not a cruiser friendly port.

• 4 weeks later...
My husband, and I are planning on sailing out of Charleston, SC on the Carnival Victory this October. This will be my husband's first cruise. I have only sailed on the Carnival Celebration out of Jacksonville, Fl in the past.

Prior to booking the cruise, We would like to know more about the Victory. I, myself, am interested in learning about the different cabins, views, and service. We are strongly considering a balcony room. Also, What is the dock area and ship like? Is it best to go thru the carnival site or a travel agent when booking a cruise? Any experiences from past cruisers on this ship would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Gina

We sailed on this cruise 2 years ago and had no problems at all. We arrived at 10AM or so were directed to the indoor parking (it is free for handicapped) and then promptly shuttles to the front door for processing. We were on the ship by 10:45 or so. The victory is a nice ship any cabin on carnival is nice IMO LOL, the price is the only difference. Don't waste much time booking this cruise as you will find it is by far the highest priced 5 day carnival cruise. Balcony will cost in the area of 1800 pricey for 5 days and the price usually goes higher.

Archived