Dress Drama!

Tara818

:(

I ordered my gown in July, havent gained weight, actually lost a couple pounds. Im barely 5' feet and 109 lbs. im reaally short! I go today for my first fitting, and they cant even zip up the dress halfway! She said I lost an inch on my hips but gained 4 1/2 inches in my bust! Whaaaat! My bra size is exactly the same. They keep insisting I must have gained weight or was bloated! I told them neither was true so then they asked if I ordered a size smaller in the hopes of losing weight! Losing weight? I dont need to lose weight! (tone up, yes, but thats another story! Lol)

I was in tears, bc now they have to let my gown out an and redo the beadwork. They said I would have to pay for it. After speaking to the owner explaining that a 5' person like me doesnt gain 4 1/2 inches in the bust and lose an inch on their hips, they finally agreed to do the alterations for free. Later my mother figured out that the first salesperson made a mistake and measured 32 inches around my ribcage, instead of measuring my bust which is 36 1/2. So theres the 4/12 diffrence. I dont want a gown that has to be reworked already bc of someone elses mistake, but I guess I have no choice.

Oh well...Im just upset bc what should have been a great moment of seeing my beautiful gown was, in reality, having 3 ladies in my dressing room poking and proding me, asking if I was bloated and accusing me of gaining weight and lying about it! LOL! Ugh..sorry I had to vent!

It'll be ok.. worst case scenario they cant fix it, I have to buy something off the rack and have them take it in. whatever. Im done wallowing in self pity! Its a dress, and no matter what Im wearing Im marrying the best man in the world. And it has started to turn into a joke. Everyone is calling me "Dolly Parton" and are joking about how they want to go on the "gain 5inches in your boobs!" diet... lol

:)

can I have those diet tips? I need a little help in the bust area and it sounds like you are a pro! I hope everything works out, I'm glad you didn't back down because I'm a small girl too and I know that it would be impossible for my measurements to change like that!

Ya know, almost the same thing happened to me too. I went to my dress fittings weighing the exact same and the last time when I was gonna take my dress home, the back was too tight and the lady asked if I gained weight. I got super worked up too until my fiance said "Yeah, I'm sure they were covering their mistake. If the dress would have been too loose, they would have congratulated you for losing weight. But since it was tight, they gotta accuse you of gaining weight".

witches!!!!

You'll have a wonderful wedding otherwise.. :)

Archived