Can't print out e docs??

martek

Now, I consider myself pretty computer savvy but I am perplexed on this one! I have downloaded my e docs but cannot print them. I only get borders and drawings but none of the wording. I am paid in full and have completed the fun pass. I had no problem printing out the fun pass, but no luck with the docs. What am I doing wrong???

Feeling REALLY stupid!!:confused:

Cruzman is exactly right!! If I remember correctly, I tried to print them before our last cruise and was using the Netscape browser thus I couldn't print them but when I opened them using the MS Internet Explorer browser, I was able to view and print them.

We are sailing on the 3//29/08 Spirit cruise. When I log into my Carnival website, specifically this cruise, there is now a notation in red that docs will be sent by mail. Does this have anything to do with not being able to print them?

We are sailing on the 3//29/08 Spirit cruise. When I log into my Carnival website, specifically this cruise, there is now a notation in red that docs will be sent by mail. Does this have anything to do with not being able to print them?

No, it shouldn't matter. I have 2 cabins booked for our 3/23/08 Valor cruise. I chose edocs for our cabin, but somehow my son's cabin defaulted to paper docs by mail (maybe because I waited too long to fill out their Fun Pass).

Anyway, even though their booking # showed that their docs would be mailed (in red), I was still able to print the docs out. The paper ones came in the mail yesterday. So, you should still be able to print out the docs even though they will also be mailed to you. Hope this helps.

Apparently the problem was that I was on an Apple computer and the docs can only print with a Windows based system. This is according to 3 different people I talked to at Carnival. The first person sent me by email, my e docs but still could not print any text, only borders and pics. Then I requested the switch to paper docs and was told they could not do it once I chose to use e docs and to use a friends Windows based computer and print them. I told them they should put this on the website to not choose e docs if Safari is not supported. Finally I got to a supervisor who asked when I sailed and when I said in May she said, "Sure I can switch these to paper docs, no problem". Finally found someone who could help me. Actually one of the clerks told me I really only needed my funpass and passport to get on the boat, but I wasn't going to chance that! Anyway, now hopefully I do get those paper docs.:)

Apparently the problem was that I was on an Apple computer and the docs can only print with a Windows based system. This is according to 3 different people I talked to at Carnival. The first person sent me by email, my e docs but still could not print any text, only borders and pics. Then I requested the switch to paper docs and was told they could not do it once I chose to use e docs and to use a friends Windows based computer and print them. I told them they should put this on the website to not choose e docs if Safari is not supported. Finally I got to a supervisor who asked when I sailed and when I said in May she said, "Sure I can switch these to paper docs, no problem". Finally found someone who could help me. Actually one of the clerks told me I really only needed my funpass and passport to get on the boat, but I wasn't going to chance that! Anyway, now hopefully I do get those paper docs.:)

Actually you only need your passport when you get to the dock. But it will take a while longer to be processed without the docs. You go to WILL CALL and they generate your docs then you go to check in. Better to bring with.

Dan

A newer Apple can print the documents from the Carnival site. It does have to be one of the ones the emulates Windows which kind negates any advantage the Apple OS may have had.

I wonder how a Linux box will work? I guess I'll put Linux on one of my PCs and see, just for grins and giggles.

Doc

They wouldn't print out for me using foxfire either ...had to go to IE to be able to print them out. Good luck and happy sailing ...I can't wait!!!!

And which foxfire version are you running? Some work better (2.xx) with those terrible Windows Server 2003 installs. :mad:

Doc

Archived