Our friends don't want to do RRR! Other suggestions??

tbag124

MH and I LOVED our RRR tour w/ Nativeway!! We are going w/ a group in November and they dont want to really "be close to the fish or stingrays" :confused: :eek: . I have told them that is the THING to do in GC and we LOVED our tour. I was scared at 1st too but winded up having a blast.

Any other suggestions? I would still like to use Nativeway but I think all their tours involve snorkling?? Thanks!!

Do you have to go on the same excursion? Why can't you do what you want and they can do what they want.

The other suggestion is what we did last time. We rented a car and drove out to Rum Point. It was the best day we ever had in Grand Cayman. We will definitely do that again the next time we are there.

I would email Sharon at Native Way. You're right, that stuff is THE thing to do in GC which is why the advertise that stuff, but if there are alternatives, Sharon would be able to steer you in the right direction and can possibly tailor an excursion for you. Worth a try, right?

Do you have to go on the same excursion? Why can't you do what you want and they can do what they want.

Yea' date=' everyone wants to stick together. We're going w/ a couple of my cousins, and we're doing it kinda as our last big trip all together, w/o kids, etc. :)[/color']

The other suggestion is what we did last time. We rented a car and drove out to Rum Point. It was the best day we ever had in Grand Cayman. We will definitely do that again the next time we are there.

Would you mind sharing how you did that? Where did you rent the car' date=' etc? What did you guys do once on Rum Point? Thanks for the info!! :) We loved Rum Point!![/color']

I would also recommend renting a car and going to Rum Point. On the way to Rum Point you can drive around the island and stop at beaches along the way and just explore. I bought the Fodors GC book and they have a driving tour in the book with all of the points of interest. The one thing that I wanted to do and did not get to do is "hike" the Mastic Trail.

We rented from Avis at the airport. We met their shuttle in town and they drove us to their office. We chose to rent from the airport because I wanted to start as far away from the Seven Mile Beach area as possible (6 ships in port). It worked really well.

We did the same thing as DonMar. We made a reservation with Avis. When you get off the tender turn to your right and walk over to the Blue Iguana. (It's right beside the Harley Davidson place.....easily seen). They call Avis for you and a van immediately comes for you and takes you to the airport. The rental is quick and easy and you're on your way. You make a left turn out of the airport and that one road takes you where you need to go. The map is easy to follow. It's about a 45 minute drive. Since you've been to Rum Point.....you know how beautiful and relaxing it is.....not crowded. I highly recommend doing this over going to 7 Mile. It remains one of our most memorable beach days in all our years of cruising.....one that we will do again and again while in GC.

NO one has to "get into the water" by the stingrays! You are more than welcome to hang out aboard the boat and "watch". Honestly you spend maybe a half hour to 45 minutes and the boat ride is very enjoyable...plus they can say they "saw" the stingrays without every getting next to them....then all of you can head over and finish your day at the beach.

See if Sharon serves any refreshments on board or arrange for them to have some soft drinks; then they can be the photographers for those in your group who enjoy the fish.....

I think it could be fun for everyone & a chance for the non-swimmers to participate at their own level.

Judy

Archived