Captain Marvin

witmama

We always use CM's when we are on Grand Cayman. They don't actually charge your credit card, but use it to hold you a spot. If for some reason your ship isn't able to make it into port (at all) or is delayed for whatever reason, you won't be charged.

Enjoy your excursion. CM's will take care of you. :)

Marvin's was Great!!! Very good hosts on the ship. We reserved with a CC but they prefer travelers checks so we paid when we got there. i am sure they would let you mail them a payment ahead of time.

Capt. Marvins even had a video person on board that taped the whole thing. I am sure that other probably do too, but i thought it was worth mentioning.

One more thing. I have a very thick mustache and I couldn't get my mask to seal. Talking with someone later they suggested next time I bring some Vaseline to coat the mustache with. Just advice for anyone that didn't know.

We also went on the Captain Marvin Sting Ray City excursion. I really felt like I got my money's worth and then some. We snorkeleld in 2 different spots and then on to Sting Ray City. My friend had never snorkeled before and they were very patient with her. I would recommend CM to anyone. We paid cash.

I booked through Moby Dick Tours online to go to Stingray City plus a snorkelling stop (2.5 hours) for the same price as Capt. Marvins. One of the things that really appealed to me about Moby Dick was that you don't need to pre-pay or give credit card info to reserve a spot, you just pay cash when you get there. We had such a great time and they were great! No matter who you go through, Stingray City is a must! (attached 2 pics below-our guides standing beside us were fantastic)

16073221_n511007387_596559_54351.jpg.83ee5730cecd6b4f5f16b56921f6c5a3.jpg

2041626936_n511007387_596560_56781.jpg.99ad2b517d5ad93e3bd1be852577e36f.jpg

My family used Captain Marvin last year for spring break. We are a family of four and reserved with a credit card prior to arriving. We then were told to pay cash when we arrived. Our 17 year old got sick on the cruise and could not get off the ship. Captain Marvin's was very understanding and did not charge us for him. I was fully expecting to have to pay his charge anyway.

On the down side, we did a lot of waiting before we got to the boat. We promptly exited the ship and tendered over to Grand Cayman. We had to wait about 90 minutes for the others to arrive before they loaded us up to take us to the boat.

Also, the seas were rough. So rough that Carnival actually cancelled their snorkeling activities in Grand Cayman for the day. When I questioned at Captain marvins about this, they advised that the ships are always extra cautious. So we went ahead on our excursion. Well- it was an experience. My daughter lasted about 2 min in the water and I lasted about 20 minutes. I am a decent swimmer and it was all I could do to fight the waves and current. There were about 5 big 'athletic looking' college age boys on our trip and one of them even got out and said NO WAY. -so be very cautious if your ship cancels the tour! My husband still really enjoyed it- but I wouldnt risk children or weak swimmers.

Archived